Anybody have this Safari problem?

Posted by Gene Brockhoff 
Anybody have this Safari problem?
December 04, 2006 06:14PM
This happens on several discussion boards that I go to.
1) Open Safari, go to LAFCPUG (not the main page, but the FCP discussion)
2) Click on a thread and read it.
3) Click the "<" (back botton of Safari)
4) I am returned to a previous set of topics from earlier in the day. All new topics have disappeared. This is also a common with Ken Stones site. Must be some kind of cache or memory quirk.
Re: Anybody have this Safari problem?
December 04, 2006 06:44PM
Are you sure you're clicking on the right "Previous/Next"? Gotta go to "Previous/Next Page" rather than "Previous/Next Thread". I don't have any problems navigating LAFCPUG with Safari either at work or at home.

www.derekmok.com
December 04, 2006 06:51PM
No problems here but if back button takes you to somewhere other than the last page you were at, then it is most likely a cache problem. Empty your browser cache under the Safari menu.

Michael Horton
-------------------
December 04, 2006 10:24PM
Yeah, the "<" button I refer to is the built in one of the Safari interface, upper left. It takes me back to the earlier page, just that the new topics that I saw are not there anymore, but the list of topics that was there the previous time I visited, which could be anywhere from 10 min. to several days ago are there. It's just a minor annoyance, but I like solving things that wig me out. I just click on LAFCPUG in the toolbar and I'm back again.
December 04, 2006 11:11PM
What if you right-click (or control click with a one-button mouse) and select "Back"? Is the behavior any different?

Scott
December 05, 2006 01:23PM
Don't have a one button mouse.
December 05, 2006 06:39PM
What I was saying is "right-click" unless you have a one-button mouse, in which case you would only be able to control-cllick. The menu that will come up using either method will contain a "back" option. Does doing it this way behave any differentlythan the button?

Scott
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login

Google
  Web lafcpug.org

Web Hosting by HermosawaveHermosawave Internet

Recycle computers and electronics