5.1.2 speed change update issue?

Posted by Jude Cotter 
5.1.2 speed change update issue?
December 19, 2006 10:30PM
Can anyone confirm this behaivour on 5.1.2, please?

I drop a clip into a workline, Apple J and change the speed to 150%. I let a little bit of this render, test it, and decide it's not fast enough. Then I select the clip again, change the speed to 200%. The rendered bit does not change to show that it needs rerendering.

I render what's left to render and play it. The first part of the clip that didn't need a rerender plays at 150%, the second part, which I just rendered, plays at 200%. The workaround I'm using is to set the reverse button to force unrender, then reset to the correct settings, and re render.

Re: 5.1.2 speed change update issue?
December 19, 2006 10:47PM
Boo...that was an issue with audio speed changes all through Final Cut history. Now it's on video as well!?!?

Is Apple screwing up on speed or what!?

www.derekmok.com
December 20, 2006 11:23PM
Jude, I tested your request as you had it and I did NOT get your result. With clip in timeline, I hit CMD+J to change speed to 150. This is a preview effect on my machine, but I rendered anyway to about half-way. Selected clip again and changed speed to 200. The entire clip went green preview again and seemed to be playing at only one speed (200).

Perhaps you have some kind of corruption. Clip, sequence, project?

Andy
December 21, 2006 03:05AM
Ah good, That's kind of what I was hoping to hear. Could you do me a favour and do an audio only test as well? The clip I was having problems with was aduio only, but it reminded me that I had had a similar moment a few weeks before with video. Myabe stack some filters on it so it has to be rendered?

cheers
Jude

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login

Google
  Web lafcpug.org

Web Hosting by HermosawaveHermosawave Internet

Recycle computers and electronics