Format for FCP Studio to DVD Studio Pro

Posted by CyWar 
Format for FCP Studio to DVD Studio Pro
December 27, 2006 09:10PM
I've tried some many variations on a theme, my eyes a burning......!!
Any help from anyone would be greatly appreciated.

Computer: iMac, 2.33Mhz Intel Core 2 Duo, 24" monitor, 250GB HD
Software: Final Cut Pro Studio 5.2.1 and DVD Studio Pro 4 (also MPEGStreamClip)
Video: From Sony HDSR-1 30GB internal HD; vidoe setting is SD HQ 16:9 (appears to be) MPEG2 Muxed (H.264?)

I can use the "raw" video in FCP with excellent results, but need to strip out the audio to aiff (using StreamClip). Sync can be a problem, but not a big one. And I have to RENDER EVERY CLIP.

Can anyone tell me of a setting for a FCP sequence that will match the raw video format? I've found a couple of DV formats that don't require rendering, but the resulting playback makes all vertical visuals very "jagged" on the edges (particularly during a pan). Or, conversely, is there a format I can convert the raw video (using MPEGStreamClip?) that will match a setting in FCP.

My ultimate output is to DVD, using DVD Studio Pro. After I have edited the FCP project, what would be the best export setting for importing into DVD Pro?

I hope I haven't asked too many questions at once. Thanks in advance. It is footage from my Mom's 100th Birthday part last month held in Arizona. As much time as it is taking me, I may have to live to 100 to finish it.... ;-)

Cyrus
Re: Format for FCP Studio to DVD Studio Pro
December 28, 2006 10:31AM
problem number one is that camera shoots to delivery format form the get go...
to my knowledge FCP doesnt have a sequence setting to directly match it.

what i'd do (if possible) is open the source clips in streamclip and export as something fcp can deal with (like dvcprohd, hdv, etc.)
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login

Google
  Web lafcpug.org

Web Hosting by HermosawaveHermosawave Internet

Recycle computers and electronics