FCP with Lacie hard drive

Posted by hunterlee 
FCP with Lacie hard drive
January 14, 2007 05:06AM
hey guys,

This is way off of FCP. But i'm having trouble with my LAcie D2 extreme hard and was wondering if anyone ran into the same issue. I had given a project to another editor to work on and the hard drive . No when i use it. The LAcie hard drive is locked. Won't let me write or rewrite any of the filles. i was researching and found that i would need to chage the permission on the Hard drive. This is my first one and i have no clue on how to do it. Do i need to reinstall the disk or do i just upload it from their site. Just curious if anyone has dealt with LAcie D2 extreme.

Mac Pro
Current version of FCP
Re: FCP with Lacie hard drive
January 14, 2007 05:25AM
sorry man! just do a quick search of the forum here and see the dozens and dozens of lacie issues... especially with THAT model.

apple should list this forum on thier website for pre-purchase info...
Re: FCP with Lacie hard drive
January 14, 2007 07:51AM
To change the permissions on your hard drive, just select the drive on your desktop, hit Command-I, which will bring up the "get info" window.
Under the Ownership and Permissions arrow, toggle it down, and select your choice of You Can Read & Write.
I guess I have been lucky, I've been running 5 LaCies for over 3 years and never had any problems.

Matt Murray
Lineside Productions
[www.edgesportfishing.com]
Fishing videos, DVD Production, Websites and more.
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login

Google
  Web lafcpug.org

Web Hosting by HermosawaveHermosawave Internet

Recycle computers and electronics