export to ?

Posted by whoddaddy 
export to ?
January 16, 2007 08:39AM
I have a 16 minute sample video i have to get to a publisher today and i need help creating the best possible vieo file to author on DVD. I have FCP 5 and am not sure what i should export to: QT, AVI, MP4 etc. If someone can please tell me step by step the best possible way i would sincerely appreciate it. I'm sitting here up 36 hours and waiting for this last step. HELP !
Re: export to ?
January 16, 2007 08:51AM
Author a DVD with what application?

For iDVD, just export a Quicktime Movie, self contained and import that into iDVD. it will compress it into the DVD format (mpeg-2) for you. DVD Studio Pro will also compress it for you, or you can use COMPRESSOR (on the same exported file) and choose one of the DVD presets. Quality will take time, Speed will lower resolution slightly, but encode faster.

www.shanerosseditor.com

Listen to THE EDIT BAY Podcast on iTunes
[itunes.apple.com]
January 16, 2007 09:33AM
I am not burning the dvd. I have to uplaad the file so my partner in another state can author it. I am trying the compressor that came with final cut and mac. It still a couple hous away from finishig. So far so good. Thanks
January 16, 2007 03:56PM
HELP !!! I used compressor on final cut and after 5 hours it says completed. I could not find the MP2 file so i did a search and compressor came up with a bunch of different files with the same name but one was an aiff file and one was a mps file etc. etc. etc. so i copy and pasted the mp2 file to my desktop and quicktime could not open it but final cut pro did but its slow, jittery and no sound. Does anyone know how i can find the right file i need to upload to a server so my partner could burn it on a DVD using Nero. Anyone who could help i would be greatly appreciative
Thank You so much. Our deadline is today and the dvd has to be fedexd tonight and i still have to upoad to a server so my partner who has all the other printed material has to send it off today.
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login

Google
  Web lafcpug.org

Web Hosting by HermosawaveHermosawave Internet

Recycle computers and electronics