compressor

Posted by whoddaddy 
compressor
January 16, 2007 03:58PM
HELP !!! I used compressor on final cut and after 5 hours it says completed. I could not find the MP2 file so i did a search and compressor came up with a bunch of different files with the same name but one was an aiff file and one was a mps file etc. etc. etc. so i copy and pasted the mp2 file to my desktop and quicktime could not open it but final cut pro did but its slow, jittery and no sound. Does anyone know how i can find the right file i need to upload to a server so my partner could burn it on a DVD using Nero. Anyone who could help i would be greatly appreciative
Thank You so much. Our deadline is today and the dvd has to be fedexd tonight and i still have to upoad to a server so my partner who has all the other printed material has to send it off today.
Re: compressor
January 16, 2007 04:40PM
What a time to be learning...

The MP2 has no sound because the sound is in the AIFF file. Send them both to your partner immediately and then relax for a moment.

I'm nuot sure I would ever expect to be able to play an MPEG2 in FCP.

Load the files into DVDSP if you're up to it and try the playback there. Or try iDVD, I have no experience there. MPEG Streamclip...

Anyway, what matters is that they work for your partner, who hopefully has some concept of what's going on. So get 'em out there.
January 16, 2007 05:01PM
Thanks i'll try it
January 16, 2007 06:05PM
<<<I'm nuot sure I would ever expect to be able to play an MPEG2 in FCP. >>>

I would continue not to expect that. Even with the MPEG2 Player Extensions in QuickTime, you don't get sound on MPEG2 playback.

One of our MPEG2 encoder programs warns in big red letters: "We'll do this, but most people aren't going to be able to play it."

Koz
January 16, 2007 06:08PM
What do you use for DVDs then?
January 16, 2007 08:11PM
<<<What do you use for DVDs then?>>>

You can use a number of different programs to produce the MPEG2 Elemental Streams, M2V and AIFF or WAV.

If you use iDVD, you don't need any of this since iDVD has fixed compression settings and auto processing, authoring, and burning. Drop your movie into the work panel and go to town.

If you're using the very latest DVD Studio Pro, you don't need any of this since the DVDSP work surface automatically invokes Compressor to prepare the files for authoring and burning.

If you're somewhere in the middle, you can use either MPEG2 export from Final Cut/QuickTime, or, slightly later, Compressor by itself will export the two files.

I think Media Cleaner can do that if you want to throw extra dollars.

If you're making a DVD, you want the m2v (picture) and aiff (sound) files, not MP2. The multiplexing of picture and sound happens inside the authoring and burning software, along with the menus, opening animations, language selection, director commentary, etc.

Koz
January 16, 2007 08:12PM
Toast, too.

Koz
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login

Google
  Web lafcpug.org

Web Hosting by HermosawaveHermosawave Internet

Recycle computers and electronics