Problems capturing hdv

Posted by ak123 
Problems capturing hdv
January 21, 2007 05:26PM
Hi everytime i attempt to log and capture hdv footage using the fx1-e camera on to fcp5 the media either appears off-line in the browser or doesnt show up at all. When attempting to log in hdv mode the capture screen shows the footage, but the clips show up in the browser with the offline mark through them i ve searched for the media on the hard drive but they are not there.I've tried using a different firewire cable and the setup options sony firewire/firewire. I am able to log the material in dv mode but not in hdv. the mac processor is2.3ghz and memory 2gb hope you can help, thank you
Re: Problems capturing hdv
January 21, 2007 09:45PM
Apologies for the basic question, but somebody will have to ask it ... Did you actualy "Capture" the clip, or did you just "Log" it?

When you use Log and Capture you can do either, or both. If you mark an In and an Out point and then press "Log Clip" then exactly what you describe will happen ... the clip will be "logged" in the Browser window but will not yet be captured. It's icon will be that of an Offline clip. If you press "Capture Clip" then the tape should preroll and play, and FCP should capture the clip.

Or is that what you're doing but it still appears "offline" ? In that case, can you verify whether the media was actually captured and the clip exists in the capture scratch, but for whatver reason has not linked with its masterclip item in FCP? OR is it a display glitch? If you double click the "offline"clip does it load correctly in the viewer?

Cheers
Andy
January 22, 2007 05:35AM
Hi
I tried both capture now and capture clip. When i capture now the media plays through the capture monitor but does not show up in the browser. When i capture clip with in and out points set the media files show up in the browser with the offline mark through them. I have looked for the clips on the hard drive but can not find them anywhere. The footage is 1080i 50
January 22, 2007 07:09AM
Are you trying to capture to your boot drive or an external?
January 22, 2007 08:15AM
to the secondary hard drive inside the g5
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login

Google
  Web lafcpug.org

Web Hosting by HermosawaveHermosawave Internet

Recycle computers and electronics