Buying new mac.... Need to finance it over a period of time ...

Posted by sbjohnwe 
Buying new mac.... Need to finance it over a period of time ...
January 24, 2007 10:38PM
Hi,

I need to buy a new Mac Pro Intel 3.0. My local dealer can't do it nor is the Apple 90 days same as cash going to work. Has any one else came across this issue. It's just very hard to come up 8-12 grand all at once with other expenses. Any help of a authorized dealer that does financing would be awesome.

Thank you

John

Cheers,

John
Re: Buying new mac.... Need to finance it over a period of time ...
January 24, 2007 11:42PM
have you looked into leasing?
January 25, 2007 05:54AM
Comp USA
18 mos same as cash.
January 25, 2007 10:44AM
I orginally was going to do a business lease . Apparently due to the business not having any credit it falls to my credit and its not the best. Plus i have a co signer with excelent credit. I was told from the leasing place that its not enough to get a business lease. Their is a bit more to it.

So I either need a personal lease or like a 3 yr type of payment system.

Also how does this compusa 18 as as cash work? What is the % if its not paid in 18 months?

John

Cheers,

John
January 25, 2007 12:11PM
i may be getting off your topic a bit, but maybe we're putting the cart before the horse here financially... what are you trying to achieve? do you really "NEED" a macpro, or could you get by with less, make the money with project work, then buy a new system outright...
January 25, 2007 02:23PM
my issue is this basically...

I work for a company now that allows me to use there computer and supplies a home system also. I am switching companies and moving from AZ to CA and gaining in wages plus other things like health and close to family again.

My side client base is almost entirly HD based. Right now I edit on a g5 2.5 with 8gigs and it gets by good. But if i can up grade to a 3.0 intel as my own home machine that will cut down on alot of time. Plus its an updated computer i can keep for several yrs. So its more a matter of just enough time between pay off the computer and I dont want to stake that on 6 mos. same as cash.

Chris suggested Compusa and I am going to go talk to them later.

John

Cheers,

John
January 25, 2007 03:12PM
so where is the 8-12 grand number coming into play?

i still say (and this is the voice of HARD earned experience here) dont finance unless you simply HAVE to and know for a fact that you can pay it off with projected and INKED deals. if your machine is workaing acceptably, and youre doing HD work - im sure you can pay off a new macpro in 3 or fewer projects...

but YES, i have a buisness account with compUSA and they are very handy to deal with
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login

Google
  Web lafcpug.org

Web Hosting by HermosawaveHermosawave Internet

Recycle computers and electronics