Setting Sequence Frame Rate for Video from Camera Phone

Posted by Hypersquared 
Setting Sequence Frame Rate for Video from Camera Phone
January 26, 2007 03:26PM
I've been trying to establish a sequence preset for editing video imported from my Treo 650 camera phone.

The only preset I can't get to work is the native frame rate of 10 fps. If I try to set it to 10 fps in Sequence Preset Editor>Quicktime Video Setting>Advanced, I get a message saying that the change has been ignored and that I should use the Editing Timebase to set the frame rate, but 10 fps is not an option under that dropdown.

I've been going with 30fps for lack of another choice, but this means that I not only have to render any new piece of media that I cut in, but it isn't playing back at the proper frame rate, even after it has rendered.

Any help will be appreciated. Thanks.
Re: Setting Sequence Frame Rate for Video from Camera Phone
January 26, 2007 03:30PM
www.proapptips.com/shane

NON STANDARD CODECS IN FCP

www.shanerosseditor.com

Listen to THE EDIT BAY Podcast on iTunes
[itunes.apple.com]
January 26, 2007 03:44PM
Very impressive. And such a quick response! They don't call you the Dude for nothing.

Unfortunately, it must be a relatively recent innovation because my version (FCP HD 4.5) does not offer "Make Multiclip Sequence" on a Ctrl-click (or anywhere else that I've looked).

So, until such time as I upgrade, I'm think there has to be a way make a Sequence Preset to do what I need.

Any other ideas? Anyone?
January 26, 2007 03:47PM
Ah...yes. That only works in FCP 5.0 and up.

Duplicate one of the other presets and make all the settings match your clip settings. ALL of them, or you'll get the render bar.

www.shanerosseditor.com

Listen to THE EDIT BAY Podcast on iTunes
[itunes.apple.com]
January 26, 2007 03:55PM
Well, yeah, that's what I've been doing.

My point is that one of those settings -- the frame rate -- is either not available or is elusive. My original post goes into some detail on this. Any ideas on how I can address this specific problem?
January 26, 2007 05:52PM
Try to use XML.
Setup a project with timebase 30 NDF non NTSC Export a empty sequence with timebase 30 NDF non NTSC.
Open in TextEditor and go thru the lines and replace the "30" with "10".
Save and import into FCP again and upon request confirm to use the "sequence settings".
Now change the other values of the sequence like codec and size.

Should work.
Andreas
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login

Google
  Web lafcpug.org

Web Hosting by HermosawaveHermosawave Internet

Recycle computers and electronics