can you copy Log Notes from a set of clips and past to another set?

Posted by jdfilms 
can you copy Log Notes from a set of clips and past to another set?
January 27, 2007 05:19PM
I have a project where I have HDV captured footage and I converted all of the clips to DVCPRO HD in Compressor. I imported the new DVCPRO HD versions into a new bin in the same project. The HDV clips have log notes for most of the clips that I typed in during Log and Capture.

Can all of those log notes be easily copied and pasted into the bin where the DVCPRO HD versions of the clips are? I don't see any what to do it other than control clicking the log note of each individual clip and it brings up a long list of Log Notes from all the clips in the project. You can only do that clip by clip, not all at once.
Re: can you copy Log Notes from a set of clips and past to another set?
January 27, 2007 05:46PM
> I imported the new DVCPRO HD versions into a new bin in the same project. The HDV clips
> have log notes for most of the clips that I typed in during Log and Capture.

Do the file names match? If so, you could try taking your old HDV versions offline, then reconnect those clips to the DVCPro HD media, which would change the media but leave the Log Notes intact. I'm not sure if that might change the settings on those clips, though; make sure you backup your project file before trying it. This is the method used for reverse telecine-ing clips.

www.derekmok.com
Re: can you copy Log Notes from a set of clips and past to another set?
January 27, 2007 05:57PM
that works but you have to reconnect clip by clip beacuse FCP warns you that the format of the clip is different. Unfortunately it's not any faster that way. Thanks for the idea though.
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login

Google
  Web lafcpug.org

Web Hosting by HermosawaveHermosawave Internet

Recycle computers and electronics