Problems with FCP 5.1

Posted by bubbalanyc 
Problems with FCP 5.1
February 02, 2007 12:14AM
Hello all,

I am having major problems with my system.....I was asked by a client to upgrade to 5.1 for a new job.....I was running FCP 5 with no problems whatsoever. This is my problem.....I try to launch old projects....I get the beachball.....Some projects decide they want to work for a bit...then beachball.

Here is my equipment....I have a Dual 2.0 ghz PowerPC G5 with 1.5 GB of RAM....Operating system OS X 10.4.8, Quicktime 7.1.3, FCP 5.1.2.....I also have 2 Sonnet Tech Fusion 500P SATA RAIDS....each is Raided with 5 drives each. These RAIDs are controlled by a Sonnet Tech Tempo SATA X4P....

Ok, I trashed the preferences....I upgraded the Kona 2 firmware to 3.3....and still the beachball....PLEASE, I need your help....Thanks so much, k.
Re: Problems with FCP 5.1
February 02, 2007 05:54AM
try also repairing permissions (always a good idea after any install/upgrade) + create a new user account and test to see if the issue persist within the new account
February 02, 2007 06:15AM
bubbalanyc can you give a little more info with what is happening when you try and open the projects?

Is FCP open and are you opening the project from within the app? Is the programme 'hanging' or do you get any error messages?

I think Andy's suggestion of creating a new user account might be the best path to take. Do you have nay other machines on 5.1 or access to another machinie wher eyou could upgrade the projects?
February 02, 2007 09:19AM
Andy, I repaired the permissions and trashed the preferences several times.....but nothing....I will try the new user to see what happens......Josh....I open of the app and it differs from project to project....

For instance, on one project....it loads everything....but when the kona kicks in to prepare for viewing......the bar stops processing...and i get the beachball....Project #2.....the app loads everything seems fine on one timeline...click on other timeline opened.....beachball....Project #3....the app opens click on timeline to scrub through.....beachball....ugh....I don't know what to do....
February 02, 2007 09:25AM
You might want to try creating a new project in 5.1 and see if it is application based or project based issue.

It is not out of possibility that three project files could have been corrupted in sequence when you allowed the conversion of each from 5.0 to 5.1.
February 02, 2007 10:40AM
Sounds like you might be having trouble with the Kona... can you disable it for troubleshooting?
February 02, 2007 11:34AM
Do a Kona2 uninstall and see if that helps. AJA has a very, very light sprinkling of people having troubles with their drivers. What's making them(us) crazy is there aren't enough of us to solve the problem by lining up the symptoms and configurations.

Koz
February 02, 2007 12:48PM
i think it may be my raid.....i am trying to copy things over to the second raid...and it keeps crashing....ugh...i have over 1 TB of stuff on it.....this is going to be long and tedious....
February 02, 2007 12:49PM
i think it may be my raid.....i am trying to copy things over to the second raid...and it keeps crashing....ugh...i have over 1 TB of stuff on it.....this is going to be long and tedious....thanks again for all of your help...i truly appreciate it..
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login

Google
  Web lafcpug.org

Web Hosting by HermosawaveHermosawave Internet

Recycle computers and electronics