Weird frame error on XDCam

Posted by jb 
jb
Weird frame error on XDCam
February 20, 2007 08:44AM
Hi all,

I have a client wanting to master his project on my facility.
He's working with Intel Mac / FCSP 5.1/ 4GB RAM / G-Tech RAID.
His source material is HDCam IMX50 anamorphic (pal).

What happens on his timeline with the original material, and
what also shows up on the exported qt uncomp 8-bit flick
he has exported from his timeline for me to master, are random
one-frame errors in the flick. It looks like a displacement error
running horizontally on a frame. Please follow the below link to see a
sample still.

ANY ideas? Anybody heard anything similar. Thanks in advance.

br...jb

jb
Re: Weird frame error on XDCam
February 20, 2007 11:09AM
>His source material is HDCam IMX50 anamorphic (pal)....What happens on his timeline with the original material

IMX50 is SD, so am guessing you mean XDCAM as in the thread title, not HDCAM... anyway, does the error show up on the source when played in the viewer, or only once its in the timeline? how was the material ingested? did he use XDCAM Transfer to copy the raw data over to the mac to edit with, or did he "capture" using a I/O card?

if the source is ok and the corruption was introduced during capture then bring it back in using xdcam transfer and manually replace the bad material.
if the corruption is at source then your only solution is to fix it ... is it one frame or one field? as its very similar to analog dropout then you might want to take a look at Digital Heaven's DH_Droput plugin which would be ideal for fixing this up.
[www.digital-heaven.co.uk]

cheers
Andy
February 20, 2007 12:19PM
If you brought in the media via Firewire (I'm assuming you mean XDCam HD, not HDCam), then just offline the media, and re-import the offending clips. The glitches will miraculously be gone.

If it's happening inside a render file, deleting the offending render file and re-rendering will get rid of it.

I'm not sure where these come from, but I haven't had one yet that was in the source material, only those that are introduced in the transfer process.
jb
February 21, 2007 02:16AM
Hi all,

Thanks for your inputs. Yes, XDCam imx50 is the format we're dealing with.

Source material is clean ie looks good. The error appears
randomly on the timeline = you notice a blip, go back to it, and it is gone, but
reappears on a different frame ex later, so it is not consistent. I've only seen
one export so far, the one I took the sample pic from, and there, obviously, the
blip's place is consistent. We're dealing with progressive material, so the error
is not field-related.

I'm thinking corrupt renderfiles, thumbnail caches or the likes... I'll post a solution
if that will appear. Thanks again. jb
jb
March 01, 2007 06:35AM
Hi all,

Just a quick tie-up on this thread... The problem
was - as one might have guessed ? - with the scsi
card (ATTO). Driver & flash updates did the trick.

Just goes to show how important it is to keep things
up-to-date when one updated winking smiley

Thanks for your comments...br...jb
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login

Google
  Web lafcpug.org

Web Hosting by HermosawaveHermosawave Internet

Recycle computers and electronics