Ilink with DV.

Posted by Tricky625 
Ilink with DV.
March 04, 2007 01:18AM
Hi everyone,
my first posting here. Is it possible to record in FCP on my G5 from my Z1 camera in DV without using any tape via the Firewire cable?
if so, can someone please walk me through it - its driving me nuts!

thanks

Tricky
Re: Ilink with DV.
March 04, 2007 02:03AM
Sounds like you're looking for "Capture Now?" Just make sure the device control is set off.
March 04, 2007 02:11AM
This is actually a bug. Or a loss of functionality that Apple introduced in recent versions of FCP. It's a complete piece of garbage, that AFAIK has still not been fixed. You used to be able to capture with device control active and get timecode from the camera. Now you can't. They completely hosed this for no known reason. Something that every other NLE can do, except of course iMovie, which this is about as good as FCP is in this regard.
March 04, 2007 03:14AM
Hi Justin and tom
forgive me for being dim. I have the log and capture window open - I can see the cameras image in the screen as I move the camera - how do i record to the hard drive !! I'm pressing record on camera but its just recording straight to tape! aaagh.
Tom - are you saying its not possible??
March 04, 2007 10:17AM
Hi Tricky625.

"I'm pressing record on camera but its just recording straight to tape!"

There are a lot more knowledgeable folks on this forum than I, but if I understand your question, try this.

On the log and capture window go to the Capture Settings Tab (upper right side) . Set to "non-controllable device". Now FCP will not look for time code.
Now on the main log and capture window press "capture...now" (lower right)

I hope this helps.

Rob
March 06, 2007 03:58PM
Rob
THANKYOU! fantastic - thats done the trick. Superb. I am so grateful.
cheers

Richard
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login

Google
  Web lafcpug.org

Web Hosting by HermosawaveHermosawave Internet

Recycle computers and electronics