Keyboard Shortcut Mysteriously Disabled

Keyboard Shortcut Mysteriously Disabled
March 08, 2007 09:04PM
Hello.

the other day I was no longer able to use the Keyboard Shortcut -(Option Command +T) for placing an Audio Transition.

I did a bit of trouble shooting - tried a different keyboard and also reset the Keyboard Shortcuts to its default setting.. no luck there.

Other keyboard shortcuts are working fine..

I so appreciate any help you may have...
No one likes to lose their shortcuts!!!

Barbara
Re: Keyboard Shortcut Mysteriously Disabled
March 08, 2007 11:45PM
1) Try the option and command key from the opposite side of the keyboard -- could be a fritzed key.

2) Anything labeled as "mysterious" that isn't user error is best corrected by the ceremonial trashing of the prefs. Have you tried that yet?
March 09, 2007 11:08AM
I have tried the option and command key from the opposite side of the keyboard as well as an additional keyboard.

I will try the trashing of the prefs.

thanks for the suggestions
March 09, 2007 11:24AM
Just to cover all bases - if the cut you wanted to put the transition on didn't have handles, "nothing" would happen when you tried to apply it with a keyboard shortcut. Are you able to apply the transition you want using the traditional methods? Along the same line, is this the only keyboard shortcut you're missing, or did they all go bad?

Scott
March 09, 2007 11:57AM
The clips do have handles, and I am able to apply the transition thru the traditional method.
and yes.. this is the only keyboard shortcut that is missing..
thanks
March 10, 2007 03:56AM
[the other day I was no longer able to use the Keyboard Shortcut -(Option Command +T) for placing an Audio Transition. ]

Okay, the other day? Did you install another program that day? Something's overriding FCP's default commands. Do you have Quickeys or another key program installed?

The system can do it, too. For instance, lots of folks first starting on FCP get flummoxed by the MacOSX Expose keys (F9 through F11) which of course are crucial edit keys in FCP. You have to disable those in the Keyboard and Mouse control panel under System Preferences. You might check there to see if another function is mapped to Command-Option T.

- Loren
Today's FCP 4 / 5 keytip:
Set a multi-parameter Motion FX Keyframe with Control K !

The FCP KeyGuide?: your power placemat.
Now available at KeyGuide Central.
www.neotrondesign.com
March 10, 2007 01:05PM
Loren,

I did go to the Keyboard and Mouse control panel, and there was another function (Character Palette) mapped to Command-Option T. I turned it off, but when I pressed Command-Option T, in the Keyboard and Mouse control panel, it still brought up the Character Palette Box eventhough the Character Palette was unchecked and Grey.

The only new item I have added to my computer is the Digital Heaven - DH_Subtitle Plugin..
Do you think this might be conflicting with this keyboard shortcut?

Once again, thanks so much..
Barbara
March 10, 2007 01:07PM
also, the shortcut is still not working in FCP.
March 10, 2007 07:15PM
Did you trash your preferences yet? I've had a similar thing happen with not being able to drag transitions in a very old version of FCP, and trashing the prefs cures it every time.

Here's some help on how to do it.How do I trash my preferences?

March 10, 2007 08:53PM
Yippee!!!!!

preferences are trashed, and FCP works beautifully..
thanks to all of you!!

working again, shortcuts & all..
March 10, 2007 11:32PM
Good job, Jude -- too bad nobody thought to suggest that earlier in the thread.

:-)

-MW
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login

Google
  Web lafcpug.org

Web Hosting by HermosawaveHermosawave Internet

Recycle computers and electronics