time code inconsitancy with EDL

Posted by ronsuss 
time code inconsitancy with EDL
March 11, 2007 01:21PM
It appears that since the latest upgrade to 5.1.4 FCP is not outputting accurate EDLS. I have also noticed that digitized material is off by a minimum of two frames compared to the timecode on the source tapes (digital beta) and several lists for recent spots I have cut have been off by 4+ seconds on some shots. I am digitaizing through an AJA cona card.Anyone else having major TC issues.
Re: time code inconsitancy with EDL
March 11, 2007 01:30PM
I've almost always had TC problems with EDLs out of FCP, especially on long/complicated sequences. I gave up trying after 5.0 came out, and never saw any official announcement that the problem had been fixed. If subsequent releases had indeed fixed it, and now it's broke again in 5.1.4. I'd be curious to know.
March 11, 2007 02:41PM
We did 13 episodes of 3 camera multicam 24f that was onlined on a "unique" HD NLE called Mystika. Everything went by EDL. We started on FCP 5.1.1 and switched halfway to 5.1.2.
We had problems but not with the EDLs. Once the post facility had every Raw source in-house we could email them a zipped EDL and begin rendering out a reference QT while they pulled sources and conformed the EDL.

No Duck no XML, they weren't available options.

Can you verify your offline system's TC capture offsets, if there are any? Those migh get dumped after an upgrade or at least require recalibration.

ak
Sleeplings, AWAKE!
March 11, 2007 05:40PM
no timecode offset in setups was used and both VITC and LTC are being captured
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login

Google
  Web lafcpug.org

Web Hosting by HermosawaveHermosawave Internet

Recycle computers and electronics