Registering FCP Studio

Posted by Buttery1000 
Registering FCP Studio
March 08, 2007 11:56AM
I tired locating this topic in the FAQ but was unsuccessful. I recently purchased Final Cut Pro Studio. I've entered my liscensing information, but it keeps popping up everytime I open FCP, Motion, Soundtrack, etc. I am getting tired of typing in my name and serial number everytime. Is there a way to make it recognize that I have already entered this info?
Re: Registering FCP Studio
March 08, 2007 02:29PM
Do you guys have to type in your name, company and serial number every time you open FCP or the other programs?
March 08, 2007 02:38PM
Read this and see if it helps

[docs.info.apple.com]

Michael Horton
-------------------
March 08, 2007 03:59PM
are you connected to the internet?
it wont register unless you are, from memory
(i'm always connected these days)

of course you don't have to enter any info, you can just ignore that page, i think.

nick
March 08, 2007 06:34PM
Thanks for the Apple troubleshooting documents link. Unfortunately, the link didn't seem to have any suggestions to solve my problem. My problem is pretty minor, but annoying. I can open all the programs and work in them. But for some reason, everytime I quit the programs and re-open them, it's forgets my liscensing information (name, company, serial #). So I have to retype it in everytime. I've officially registered FCP studio when I installed it, and I connected to the Internet. I even got the confirmation screen saying it was officially registered.
March 09, 2007 12:05PM
Have you repaired permissions? Sounds like a situation where changes are not persisting, maybe because they're blocked by an ownership conflict.

Scott
March 13, 2007 09:51AM
How would you go about repairing permissions?
March 13, 2007 11:49AM
Applications > Disk Utility, select your system drive, click on "Repair Disk Permissions". It will inevitably find some trivial things to repair, so don't worry about what it's telling you. In this case, it would be nice if it reported many things to repair. Do this with nothing running besides the OS; if it doesn't seem to help boot from your system install disk and run Disk Utility from it, to eliminate all "in use" conflicts.

Scott
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login

Google
  Web lafcpug.org

Web Hosting by HermosawaveHermosawave Internet

Recycle computers and electronics