putting transitions into your project all at once

putting transitions into your project all at once
March 14, 2007 04:29PM
Hi guys!
I remember a while ago there was a discussion about how you can build your project and add transitions all at once by highlighting all tracks and choosing "overwrite with transition" but I can't get that to work, so I must be missing something.
help! I have a project with 125 stills, and need an easy way to add cross disolves.
thanks in advance,
susan
Re: putting transitions into your project all at once
March 14, 2007 05:19PM
Couple things you have to get right. First, make sure that your default transition is the one you want to be applied (probably cross dissolve). Second, be sure your playhead is at the beginning of the series of clips you are selecting and dragging up to the "overwrite with transition" hot spot. They will overwrite to the current playhead position, and it makes a real mess if it is somewhere else.

When you say you "can't get it to work", what exactly is happening when you try it?

Scott
March 15, 2007 03:15PM
Keep in mind as well that you cannot perform this on multiple layers at once. All the clips will end up in a long string on your currently active track. Unless someone knows a workaround for that . . .
March 15, 2007 06:29PM
Thank you soooo much, made my life so much easier.
One of the things I was doing wrong - playhead in the wrong spot. Also, you have to drag the track to the button, you can't just push it. Is that strange?
thanks again
susan
March 17, 2007 02:35AM
[ Is that strange? ]

Yes, and has been for years. It's a feature request to make this active from keyboard command or menu item, and to selectively highlight edit points for the transitions. Right now it's all or nothing.

- Loren
Today's FCP 4 / 5 keytip:
Set a multi-parameter Motion FX Keyframe with Control K !

The FCP KeyGuide?: your power placemat.
Now available at KeyGuide Central.
www.neotrondesign.com
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login

Google
  Web lafcpug.org

Web Hosting by HermosawaveHermosawave Internet

Recycle computers and electronics