Nested sequences loose chapter markers?

Posted by DM 
DM
Nested sequences loose chapter markers?
April 04, 2007 10:34PM
I nested a sequence with DVD chapter markers inside of a new sequence. The clip marker tombstones are still there but the chapter marker tombstones are missing. Are they really still there or have they been stripped?????? AAAgggghhhhhh

FC 5.1.4
Re: Nested sequences loose chapter markers?
April 04, 2007 10:59PM
Well, your sequence markers were in the old sequence, the one being nested into the new one.

Simple solution: Instead of creating a new sequence to perform the nesting, duplicate your old sequence, rename the copy, erase the contents in the copy sequence, then nest the old one into the duplicate. Chapter markers should follow.

www.derekmok.com
DM
April 04, 2007 11:18PM
thx, but simple?
I gotta wrap my head around this one!!
DM
April 04, 2007 11:28PM
OK, the problem is as follows:
I didn't fully realize how to approach this until I spent a bunch of time. I have a show that I will eventually author as Act 1 and Act 2 in a DVD. My thinking got screwed up in FC in that I edited the show as Act 1 and Act 2 (separate sequences). The Act 1/Act 2 sequences are nested from the original sequences. Each act had 17 songs in it. I edited them separately and then created a "master" sequence, nested all 17 into each master, ala Act 1 and Act 2. Then, created chapter markers for each Act separately.
Big mistake. should have created one nesting sequence and put all parent sequences into it. Create Act 1 and Act 2 in the DVD process,,, yes?
Now I have a nested master sequence of Act 1 with chapter markers. Try to add Act 2 in it and chapter markers from act 2 master are stripped.
April 04, 2007 11:33PM
Why not just export the separate acts with chapter markers into separate movie files? Then assemble in DVD Studio Pro. But yes, if I were approaching this, I would have made the chapter markers in the assembly.

It's not that hard, though. Just use the individual nested sequences and their markers to determine where the chapters are and redo them in the assembly sequence. You must have 30 chapter markers per show, at most, right?

www.derekmok.com
DM
April 04, 2007 11:41PM
Well, what I thought I should do is treat ACT 1 master as the total show. Just drop ACT 2's parent sequences into ACT 1 master as if they are all one big sequence. I'll then end up with 34 songs with chapter markers.
Requires a little bit of redo. but seems to be a logical way to approach this. The nesting experience is a little tricky.
I posted an earlier dilema about audio levels being all over the place. I had to delete all unused audio tracks to make the sequences behave.
thx for your help
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login

Google
  Web lafcpug.org

Web Hosting by HermosawaveHermosawave Internet

Recycle computers and electronics