export to iPod

Posted by mrshow555 
export to iPod
April 05, 2007 06:49PM
I've noticed that when I have a widescreen timeline and I export from FCP the resulting m4v file is always a squeezed 4:3 file.

And since the setting for the export to iPod are grayed out I usually end up export>Quicktime Movie tot he desktop and then use Quicktime Pro to export to iPod and it results in an actual widescreen m4v file. Why is this?

Do I have to go through that process everytime? I know there's something you can probably do in Compressor but why don't they let you make setting adjustments in the export>quicktime conversion>to iPod menu? And why doesn't it auto-detect a widescreen sequence the way Quicktime Pro does?
Re: export to iPod
April 05, 2007 07:40PM
If you open a new non-anamorphic sequence and copy your show into that it will letterbox, then you can export that new letterbox 4:3 sequence to the ipod and it will play in 16:9.
Re: export to iPod
April 06, 2007 05:34PM
Good question. I also wish they's simply list Movie to iPod. My best guess is that you can do it from fcp export if you just know which one of the MPEG settings to choose, along with how to tweak the settings for iPod.
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login

Google
  Web lafcpug.org

Web Hosting by HermosawaveHermosawave Internet

Recycle computers and electronics