Frame Grab for a gallery

Posted by dexter 
Frame Grab for a gallery
April 19, 2007 10:55AM
Hello All:
PLease help a new user out, I can't find anywhere that gives a tutorials on how to grab a frame for use in a stills gallery. I am sure this is a "DoH" for you masters of media but I am new to FCP, there for this will be the start of many post from me, thanks for your time.

Dex
Re: Frame Grab for a gallery
April 19, 2007 11:22AM
Export - Using QuickTime Conversion - Still Image. Use 'Options' to choose the image format -- use TIFF or TGA for lossless images.

The more in-depth explanations and advanced techniques are in the FAQ.

[www.lafcpug.org]

www.derekmok.com
April 19, 2007 07:09PM
<<<"DoH">>>

You mean D'oh!

Not necessarily. It's not that easy to find if you've never been down this road before.

However, you understand that a television camera has about the same quality as a one-third megapixel still camera, right? Not three; one third if you're in standard definition. It sucks even if you do everything right. It's OK if you're going to make little thumbnail sketches of the scenes, but beyond that.....

Koz
April 20, 2007 11:20AM
This is true that a frame grab is not the best frame to put in a still gallery but when that's all you have, you have to go for it, We have out put the scene as a image sequence, Now I just need to find a way to pull every 80 frame, We were looking to see if FCP could do it automatically, If there is a way we could pull every 80th frame then all we would have to do is then out put the folder as an image sequence, can this be done??

thanks for your time
Dex
April 20, 2007 12:21PM
> Now I just need to find a way to pull every 80 frame, We were looking to see if FCP could do > it automatically

Nick Meyers suggested a method of doing this, one that sounded quite innovativef:

Put the clip in question into a timeline. Apply a Speed increase of 8000 per cent (80 times). Now Export Using QuickTime Conversion as an Image Sequence.

If I'm describing it wrong, hopefully he'll jump in and correct.

However, at such extreme speeds, you may have double-image interlacing issues. Applying a De-Interlace filter seems to solve this.

www.derekmok.com
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login

Google
  Web lafcpug.org

Web Hosting by HermosawaveHermosawave Internet

Recycle computers and electronics