DVD Jitters and HDV

Posted by Mark19 
DVD Jitters and HDV
April 25, 2007 11:55AM
Hi everyone!

I always forget the man's name who is known as the DVD guy. I may need his personal help on something if what i am trying does not work.

Ok, don't yell at me...

So Sony Z1U HDV footage (mixed with JVC 720p cam) looks great, used compressor to convert the 720p to hdv1080i and that worked perfect.

My issue is this...producers came with exsisting pilot cutdown, they ripped dvds and used that for their clips (this is OFF-AIR pilot presentation to support pitch only!!) They wanted to retain those shots and integrate the new HDV stuff and expaned the pilot cutdown they already had. I brought the HDV stuff into a DVNTSC seq and rendered every HDV shot.

Edit looks great, QT plays wonderfully on a computer. DVD on my samsung HD tv does not look good. It seems to me the HDV stuff jitters (almost seems like there are trails following movement) and I know that the nature of that cam combined with movement i.e. martial arts is not ideal to say the least.

I copied the seq clips into a HDV1080i seq now and removed attributes to make the hdv fit again and I want to test a dvd and see if it plays better, if it does then i will take the time to go and blow up the other clips to fit.

It seems to me the HDV stuff is really shaky and I know that the nature of that cam combined with movement i.e. martial arts is not ideal to say the least. The strange thing is that even some of the ripped shots jitter too.

any thoughts?

rendering...

Dual 2 ghz PowerPC G5, 2.5 GB DDR SDRAM
OS10.4.6
FCP 5.1
Re: DVD Jitters and HDV
April 25, 2007 11:58AM
sorry for the repeat sentence!!
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login

Google
  Web lafcpug.org

Web Hosting by HermosawaveHermosawave Internet

Recycle computers and electronics