Output HD

Posted by Delphinus 
Output HD
April 30, 2007 07:58PM
Hi all:
I am converting some of my documentaries to HD (720p 24fps de-interlaced) via an HD plugin program. I am using FCP 4.5 HD with a G4 Powermac, 1.4 processor, OS X 10.3.9. What would you suggest as the best way to output the HD project from this computer? I am pretty sure I need an HD video card, but are these video cards available for a G4? Any other suggestions? Thanks. Stan
Re: Output HD
April 30, 2007 09:01PM
There are no cards available for the G4. That is PCI...and the cards are only for PCI-X and PCIe.

Now...ouput to HD...what format of HD? HDCAM SR? HDCAM? D5? DVCPRO HD? XDCAM? HDV?

Best way to do this...take your project to a post facility where they will output for you.

www.shanerosseditor.com

Listen to THE EDIT BAY Podcast on iTunes
[itunes.apple.com]
April 30, 2007 09:02PM
you;d also need an HD deck of some sort.
and drives fast enough to lay the HD back

but you are right, you wont get a card for that old computer.

so take your file to a facility that can help you get it back out to tape.

as far as that goes, you would probably be best off taking you SD masters to a tape house that can do a hard-ware up-convert to HD for you.

nick
April 30, 2007 11:15PM
In what format were your documentaries originated?
May 01, 2007 01:19AM
Shane:
Thanks for that. May be just the push I need for a G5. Also, good question, regarding what output format. I am still waiting to hear from Smithsonian Networks, but good to know no matter what format needed, I need to either get a G5 or take the drive to a facility for the transfer. Thanks for the info and input.
Stan
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login

Google
  Web lafcpug.org

Web Hosting by HermosawaveHermosawave Internet

Recycle computers and electronics