what Features did we get

Posted by Stopedog 
what Features did we get
May 07, 2007 02:36PM
I would like to see what feature requests were included in FCP Studio 2, when LAFCPUG does their breakdown of the programs. There are a lot of small things that people have been asking about for a long time that may or may not have been included.

"Never underestimate a kick to the nuts"
Bas Rutten
Re: what Features did we get
May 07, 2007 02:49PM
The file naming - either sync the file/clip namer from finder to FCP or visa versa - my personal favourite as I often have to work on TV programmes when a runner or PA has logged and/or digitised the footage and they call it something totally unrelated to the actual clip...

Or worse still Untitled1, Untitled2, Untitled3..... Grrr!

And of course the mixed formats in the timeline.

There are many more but I'll let the others harp on about it! tongue sticking out smiley

Ben

For instant answers to more than one hundred common FCP questions, check out the LAFCPUG FAQ Wiki here : [www.lafcpug.org]
May 07, 2007 09:25PM
>>I would like to see what feature requests were included in FCP Studio 2, when LAFCPUG does their breakdown of the programs.<<

Feel free to take this on yourself, Bas. There a huge list up at the top of the forum in a sticky. If you want to go through them and summarise them, then correlate them with the release info, I'm sure other people would love to read it. I would smiling smiley

May 07, 2007 09:37PM
Gamma i/o issues addressed. Levels & pans included in OMF out.

- Justin Barham -
May 07, 2007 10:49PM
everything is still a bland contrast-free grey on grey. and this would be SOOOOO easy to have fixed, and made us FEEL like we had a whole new app - id think thats pretty smart marketing money.

oh well...
May 08, 2007 09:50AM
lots of people like the grey for color correction. I was hoping an update interface like DVDSP or Motion with much better tab management.

CHL

Chi-Ho Lee
Film & Television Editor
Apple Certified Final Cut Pro Instructor
May 08, 2007 10:35AM
grey is fine. i just wanted a little more contrast so i dont go blind reading timecode
May 08, 2007 11:22AM
Yes, they could make all the timecode fields bigger. I still want an Undo history list- have we all forgotten about that request??

And making the font sizes bigger should affect the whole interface globally. The shortcut menu text are still tiny even though browser text size are med or large.

CHL

Chi-Ho Lee
Film & Television Editor
Apple Certified Final Cut Pro Instructor
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login

Google
  Web lafcpug.org

Web Hosting by HermosawaveHermosawave Internet

Recycle computers and electronics