DSP not compressing properly

Posted by digibody 
DSP not compressing properly
May 08, 2007 04:59PM
Once upon a time, DVD Studio Pro was easy, I clicked and dragged my 18 gig self contained movie from a FCP project (shot on DV) and imported it as an asset into Studio pro and it comrpessed it for me.

Now, it's not compressing it. Perhaps I reset the default settings?!

What do I have to do to make this happen? What settings in DVD Studio Pro do I need to change? Do I have to do it in compressor, then reimport as an asset? If so, what settings for compressor?

Also, how much footage can I put on this DVD to have good quality and cram as much stuff as possible on there like the making of, bloopers, etc.?

Thanks!
Re: DSP not compressing properly
May 08, 2007 05:07PM
What do you mean "not compressing"? Does the burn fail? Are you using "Burn" or "Build/Format"? Where is the media?

www.derekmok.com
May 08, 2007 07:17PM
It simply doesn't compress the footage, it add sit to an attachment, but when I go to burn it says the footage is too big and unable to compress. The files size is 18 gigs, as it was as an uncompressed movie in FCP. Last time i used DVD Studio pro, again it automatically coimpressed it for me, how do I get it to do that again?
May 08, 2007 11:46PM
Compressor has presets up to 180 minutes now. The amount of stuff you can put on a DVD is determined by the size of your DVD (whether it's dual layered or not), the bitrate of your encoding, and the overall length of your footage plus menus and audio files.

As far as your problem, I don't use the same workflow you do, so I've never had the problem you have. But there is an encoding setting in your preferences. You can set bitrate there. Also, there is a button for "background encoding" or else "encode on build". It kinda sounds like you have the latter selected. Also, it's possible that 18GB is too big to encode for a 4.7GB DVD at the bitrate set in your preferences.

Not that this is a solution for you, but have you tried using compressor to encode your files BEFORE importing into DVDSP?

Andy
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login

Google
  Web lafcpug.org

Web Hosting by HermosawaveHermosawave Internet

Recycle computers and electronics