Missing Clips

Posted by sowza1 
Missing Clips
May 10, 2007 12:09AM
I was exporting a short film to STP for multiclip and FCP froze then quit.
When I reopened it, about a quarter of the clips are offline.

I went to reconnect them and they are missing out of my HD.
Also, the rendered files are grayed out when I try and reconnect, plus choose is not an option.

I have been working on this for a long time and don't want to recapture....

what can I do??

I have only tried to open from the auto saved fault from last week, which did nothing...

Thanks,

John
Re: Missing Clips
May 10, 2007 12:18AM
Tried a restart yet?

It's very rare for pre-existing clips to disappear just because of a failed export. I'm thinking there may be something else wrong with either your Scratch Disk drive or the destination drive you were sending the export to, eg. a directory corruption, which caused the crash. Is it a properly formatted drive? What type (USB, SATA, FireWire)? How full is it? (Real numbers, please -- "I have plenty of space" doesn't help us arrive at a diagnosis)

www.derekmok.com
May 10, 2007 12:33AM
I use a second drive that is a 300 GB. I have 34 GB available.
Its a Maxtor 6L300S0 and its a Serial-ATA.

Thanks,

John
May 10, 2007 01:08PM
I have had clips vanish. The browser showed them as off-line, but they were gone from my media drive that was 10% full. At the time I was using AJA Kona System Test (haven't followed that up) Not a big deal to recapture since I had the tapes, but, it just shows the importance of backing up media onto another media drive.

Shane Ross has had this problem (on a recent post, I don't remember where), and he cannot stress strongly enough to back up media SOMEWHERE, even a cheap firewire drive.

Cameron Young
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login

Google
  Web lafcpug.org

Web Hosting by HermosawaveHermosawave Internet

Recycle computers and electronics