creating Reflection of light

Posted by J.Corbett 
creating Reflection of light
May 12, 2007 10:17PM
i have a still of a lap top (1024x780) with a white background that i am trying to put text on. the still is very very clean and you can see the reflection of the wht background on it.
when i put text on it you can tell that it is generated and looks like i just slapped the text on it without a blend.

how can i get the text to look more loike it is really on the lap top screen?

i have fcp studio1 and shake. i am not real good with shake so if i have to do it in there it needs to be simple.

""" What you do with what you have, is more important than what you could do, with what you don't have."

> > > Knowledge + Action = Wisdom - J. Corbett 1992
""""
Re: creating Reflection of light
May 12, 2007 11:19PM
Hi J. Have you tried different composite modes? Right click on the text layer in the timeline and in the pull down menu try various composite modes. If you do not have a two button mouse, you can also control click to access the pull down menu.
I hope this helps.

Rob
May 12, 2007 11:45PM
youd have to post a pic in orderto get the best advice - otherwise were shooting in the dark???

seems like a good use of PHOTOSHOP!
May 13, 2007 08:13PM
If you send me the image and the text + font I can do it for you and send back the shake script of After Effects project whatever you prefer.

its a little hard to say what to do without seeing the image...

Johan Polhem
Motion Graphics
www.johanpolhem.com
May 14, 2007 04:04AM
well well i had to use a 2 text tiles but the composite modes and some color adjustments did it.

thanx

""" What you do with what you have, is more important than what you could do, with what you don't have."

> > > Knowledge + Action = Wisdom - J. Corbett 1992
""""
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login

Google
  Web lafcpug.org

Web Hosting by HermosawaveHermosawave Internet

Recycle computers and electronics