Quicktime Convertion format movie

Posted by newptfot 
Quicktime Convertion format movie
May 30, 2007 05:14PM
FCP 5.0.4, Dual 2.7 ghz, OS10.4.9, 3.5 gig of ram

I am using FCP 5.0.4 and I am exporting footage from my FCP timeline to a Quictime movie format 35 min, never had this problem before. A single track no effects, color correction, no transitions nothing, exports on several tries to about 20% then hangs up. No beach ball just sits there, sometimes it will get to 15% never more than 20% and stops. No recent upgades in the last six months...what the heck. I have searched the FAQs and haven't seen this asked. I'm just trying to give some footage as a quicktime so a friend can try his own editing, he has a Mac a I-movie.

Rick
Re: Quicktime Convertion format movie
May 30, 2007 05:33PM
Although I would expect an error message if this were the case, I'd first check available disk space on ALL drives connected to your system, regardless of whether they are involved in your project. The system drive can be especially troublesome. Keep in mind that you're trying to write about 7.5 GB (for DV output) in your export, you want to have at least 10% space free on the drive you're writing to AFTER putting that 7.5 GB on it.

On any system that "doesn't have any recent upgrades" the one change that always happens just by using it is that drive space is consumed, and that eventually becomes a big deal.

Scott
May 30, 2007 06:08PM
Scott you are so right, the system drive was down to 10%, I just tried on another computer with tons of space it's almost finished rendering The actual drive the project was on is emty but the system was like you said too full, can I just blame my wife?

Rick
May 30, 2007 06:12PM
Wives always cause problems like this.

Koz
May 30, 2007 06:19PM
By the way, this problem happens because the System (OSX) is standing, oddly enough, on the System Drive. When you fill up that drive the System starts to act starved and schizophrenic and it's the System that has to give you the error messages.

So it just starts blowing spit bubbles and rolling on the floor for no apparent reason.

It's one of the most entertaining ways to reduce your machine to unresponsive garbage.

Koz
May 30, 2007 06:31PM
Koz:
It's one of the most entertaining ways to reduce your machine to unresponsive garbage.

Entertaining for us. Not for you.

Scot
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login

Google
  Web lafcpug.org

Web Hosting by HermosawaveHermosawave Internet

Recycle computers and electronics