Video suddenly has to render

Posted by MikeDerk 
Video suddenly has to render
June 04, 2007 02:41PM
I uploaded some video (using the Capture Now technique; it was just to check my cable) but I noticed that the video needed to be rendered.

I've never seen this before. I'm worried that my program has been corrupted somehow.

Although, in one of the captures (but not both), I was warned about timecode breaks. I'll admit that is what I thought caused the need to render, which is why I uploaded again. Why I had to render the second time is stumping me.

Any thoughts will help. Thanks!

FCP Studio 2
Canon XL-1
Mac G5.

Mike
Re: Video suddenly has to render
June 04, 2007 08:11PM
Make sure all your sequence settings match the clip's properties in your timeline.

When life gives you dilemmas...make dilemmanade.

June 04, 2007 08:14PM
Check to see if your capture settings match your sequence settings.
June 04, 2007 08:23PM
Whoops. Oh, only three minutes. I guess I don't feel like a doofus.
June 04, 2007 09:50PM
> I uploaded some video (using the Capture Now technique; it was just to check my cable) but
> I noticed that the video needed to be rendered.
> I've never seen this before. I'm worried that my program has been corrupted somehow.
> Although, in one of the captures (but not both), I was warned about timecode breaks. I'll
> admit that is what I thought caused the need to render, which is why I uploaded again. Why
> I had to render the second time is stumping me.

Timecode breaks don't ever cause render issues. Because once a clip is captured, FCP will impose unbroken timecode on it, whether the original tape had timecode breaks or not.

And let's clear up terminology: You didn't "upload" video -- it's capturing. "Uploading" is when you put a file into an internet or network location. "Downloading" is when you get a file from there.

Select your sequence and press APPLE-0 to check Sequence Settings. Select the clip and press APPLE-9 to check what settings were used to capture that clip.

www.derekmok.com
June 05, 2007 12:27AM
>>Select your sequence and press APPLE-0 to check Sequence Settings. Select the clip and press APPLE-9 to check what settings were used to capture that clip.<<

Awesome shortcut. Thanks.

Now I need to wonder why it would have changed... I've only ever captured video from the same camera ever since whenever.

Mind if I start saying "digital re-encoding" instead of capturing? :p
June 06, 2007 06:09AM
>
> Select your sequence and press APPLE-0 to check
> Sequence Settings. Select the clip and press
> APPLE-9 to check what settings were used to
> capture that clip.

Why isn't there an option to match these two somehow automatically?
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login

Google
  Web lafcpug.org

Web Hosting by HermosawaveHermosawave Internet

Recycle computers and electronics