audio waveforms

Posted by Stopedog 
audio waveforms
January 17, 2007 05:06PM
I can no longer view audio waveforms in the timeline or in the viewer. When I turn them on I only get x's in the audio tracks. I have restarted, trashed my prefs, and repaired permissions. Any other suggestions besides reinstalling the app???

"Never underestimate a kick to the nuts"
Bas Rutten
Re: audio waveforms
January 17, 2007 05:26PM
Dump your Waveform Cache. If you don't know its location, look it up in your System Settings.

www.derekmok.com
January 17, 2007 05:38PM
thank you for that speedy reply Derek! I did try that along with all the stuff I mentioned previously, but no help. I tried another project, and it displays the waveforms with no problem. So I copied everything in my current project to another project, but it does the same thing. I think I am going to try and copy my current sequence to a new sequence and see if that solves the problem. If you can think of anything else to try, please let me know.

thanks...Stope

Bas Rutten
January 17, 2007 05:40PM
mike, im not a fan of signatures or quotes on posts. as i feel they just senselessly muck-up a thread. but i must say that you have the coolest quote on the forum!
- wG
January 17, 2007 06:07PM
Thank you Wayne...and thank you Mr. Rutten!!!

Bas Rutten
June 06, 2007 11:17AM
Sorry in advance to raise a 'dead' thread, i figured it was better then posting a new one.

I am having this problem as well and like the origanal poster I have trashed preferences, trashed waveform cache etc.
A similar (maybe related??) issue is on some files when I double click the audio to bring it to the veiwer it won't display waveforms, occasionally the viewer will go black completly. Anyone have any advice?

I am running FCP 5.1.4, OS 10.4.9, 4gb ram, on a G5 Dual 2.0. Media (audio included) is stored on Fibre attached storage.
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login

Google
  Web lafcpug.org

Web Hosting by HermosawaveHermosawave Internet

Recycle computers and electronics