Apple uncompresses Codec issues

Posted by David Eger 
Apple uncompresses Codec issues
June 13, 2007 12:48PM
Does anyone know of anytrouble with PSD files that are off size (still 72dpi and RGB) and the Apple 8 & 10 Bit Uncompressed codecs in FCP 6

I can import them into the projec and throw them on a timeline but when I put the PSD in the browser it tells me "codec not found you may be using a compression type without the corresponding hardware card" then I get an out of memory error.

If I change the compressor to any other codec it works fine and if the psd is like 720 X 512 it is okay but something like 1000X1000 it breaks and at 677 X 360 it breaks..

I broke it on 2 systems that are 2X 3ghz Dual Core Xenons with 5bg of ram and Kona LHe's and I called Kona support and it broke on his system also..

Just wondering if we are in an island all our own....

Namaste

Dave
Re: Apple uncompresses Codec issues
June 16, 2007 10:49PM
Not quite on top of what you're asking here. Are you saying that you have an Apple 8 bit uncompressed project, and you can't import .psds that are 1000 x 1000?

I just did a test on this and made an 8 bit uncompressed (PAL) project, then made a 1000x1000 .psd and imported it. No problems in the browser or the timeline.

I don't have a Kona card in this machine, though. If you disable the Kona, do you still get the problem?

Re: Apple uncompresses Codec issues
June 17, 2007 07:34PM
David,

...then don't use the Apple 8-Bit codec. Use the Uncompressed 8-Bit 4:2:2 codec. No problems when recreating your issue with this codec. I have a Kona LHe active - still no problems.

- Joey

When life gives you dilemmas...make dilemmanade.

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login

Google
  Web lafcpug.org

Web Hosting by HermosawaveHermosawave Internet

Recycle computers and electronics