Not capturing HD video

Posted by danrswett 
Not capturing HD video
July 14, 2007 03:11PM
I am an experienced FCE user attempting to capture HD for the first time. Dual G5, OS10.4.10, 2.5 GB Ram, FCEHD 3.5.1, QT7.2, Sony HDR-HC7. My settings seem correct. I followed all the instructions in FCE Help Manual, but without success. When I command "Capture," camcorder cues to the starting point, FCEHD tells me it is capturing video, sometimes a second or two behind, but usually in real time. However, when I hit escape, no matter how long I wait for processing, nothing shows up in the folder I designated as the capture folder. However, the files do show up in the Capture-Scratch Disk. Now for the mysterious part. When I "get information" about these files, they are described as either "Quick Time Movie" or "Final Cut Express Movie File" depending on which program I select to open the file. Nevertheless, the files will not open in either program. I get "wrong type" messages or file error messages or even the file is not a movie file. The only clue I have is a message when I restart FCE HD that "Codec not found. You may be using a compression type without the corresponding hardware card." I wasn't aware that I needed a special hardware card for this purpose. Any help will be greatly appreciated.

I SOLVED THE PROBLEM. SOMEHOW, PROBABLY WHEN MY COMPUTER WAS BEING REPAIRED AT THE APPLE STORE, THE APPLE INTERMEDIATE CODEC WAS DELETED. I REINSTALLED IT FROM THE iLife DISK, AND EVERYTHING NOW SEEMS TO BE WORKING.

Daniel R. Swett
Re: Not capturing HD video
July 16, 2007 10:15AM
Hey Dan - I'm moving this to the troubleshooting section so other people can benefit from your detective work.

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login

Google
  Web lafcpug.org

Web Hosting by HermosawaveHermosawave Internet

Recycle computers and electronics