Where to find background music?

Posted by paul_spain 
Where to find background music?
July 20, 2007 08:17AM
Hi,

I'm in need of some even tempo atmospheric background music, approximately 2-3 minutes in length suitable for a real estate presentation of a modern property (no voiceover is being used). My attempts at using Soundtrack are awful and I was clearly never destined for a career in music! There's also nothing suitable in my FreePlay Music Library

Any suggestions as to where to find, preferably free (though don't mind crediting the source) as this is beng done for a demo

tks
Re: Where to find background music?
July 20, 2007 12:27PM
5alarm music has everything youd ever need and very affordable. for an internal non-broadcast piece, you'll likely pay $100 or less

their library is HUGE and very diverse. there is a ton there and the website is in flash so its kind of clumsy to get through, but once you get your head around it, its a really great resource!

ive also had very good luck sending my sales rep an email saying "im looking for a song thats kind of like (insert song title here)" and he gets back to me within minutes. often with one of the "sounds-a-like" deals where its as close to that song as legally possible...
July 20, 2007 09:51PM
As well as the FAQ on this : Where can I find music to use in FCP?

There's also places like CCMixter which has creative commons licences.

July 20, 2007 09:57PM
Paul;
I know you said your attempts at Soundtrack Pro have not worked out for you, but I suggest it's a great program to get familiar with. I've dazzled clients with simple loops, changed as frequently as the tempo of the edited piece suggests. It may take some time to find what you're looking for in Soundtrack, but it's worth the time investment. And the material is free.
I frequently combine samples of similar tempo and key and am often amazed at what I get.
I feel like a composer, and have no musical skills whatever. It's a lot more fun than previewing cuts from a library and I get something that sounds more "custom".
Good luck.
Jay
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login

Google
  Web lafcpug.org

Web Hosting by HermosawaveHermosawave Internet

Recycle computers and electronics