Wild Interlacing probs

Posted by bdplaid 
Wild Interlacing probs
July 23, 2007 10:46AM
I have inherited a quicktime file that had deinterlacing artifacts all over the place, that any normal, man-made deinterlacer will not fix.

On closer inspection (using nattress G Detect Cadence, thank you Graham), it seems that the interlacing cadence actually changes throughout each shot of the clip, not just within the clip itself.

The work originated on film, was transferred to miniDV, then edited on AVID. All I have is a quicktime file of the edited clip.

My suspicion is that whoever edited this first had a bad transfer, then paid no attention to setting up their sequence to assure that the pulldown and cadence of interlaced fields was correct.

I was hoping I could get some comments on this from folks to see if there was anyway to rescue the clip.

thx mucho,

HarryD
Nevermind... Re: Wild Interlacing probs
July 23, 2007 11:03AM
In stepping through the file trying to count the cadence, I discovered that the darned thing is 15 fps. I don't know how I missed that, but there it is. So all bets are off.

thanks for the time, I'll try to have the first knucklehead output another file (wish me luck).

thx,

HarryD
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login

Google
  Web lafcpug.org

Web Hosting by HermosawaveHermosawave Internet

Recycle computers and electronics