Problems Batch Capturing w/ The JVC GY-HD110

Posted by Jeff Kuss 
Problems Batch Capturing w/ The JVC GY-HD110
July 22, 2007 04:48PM
I'm working on an online edit and having a problem batch capturing my offline media from an imported EDL. The EDL Came from a Avid Media Composer system and imported into Final Cut Studio 2 no problem, however when I go to Batch capture the media it can't seem to find the proper timecode.

What it does do is rewind the tape roughly 20 MINUTES before the clip occurs then plays the tape NORMAL SPEED till it reaches the clip to capture. Capturing itself goes fine, but after capturing the clip it then rewinds roughly 20 MINUTE to before the next clip. Even if the next clip to capture is right after the previous.

I have called Apple and they told me this specific camera is 'not qualified' for Final Cut Studio 2, however the GY-HD200 & 250 are, and JVC's website says that the GY-HD100 was qualified for Final Cut Studio 1. Why this camera isn't I am not sure.

My project settings are:

Sequence - HDV 720 24
Capture - HDV
Device Control - HDV Firewire Basic NDF

Has anyone else run into this problem? Any suggestions on how I might be able to solve this problem? Does anyone have experience working with this specific camera? I outputted a EDL from Final Cut of the recreated timeline and imported it, it had the same problem.
Re: Problems Batch Capturing w/ The JVC GY-HD110
July 23, 2007 04:38AM
Hi Jeff
seems like JVC GY-HD cameras in general cause problems with Final Cut Studio (unfortunately). I had lots of problems with a GY-HD251E this weekend. I read when using an AJA, BlackMagic or similar card and SDI instead of Firewire it works, even though all the timecode info will be lost. As far as I know this is not possible with the GY-HD110.
Re: Problems Batch Capturing w/ The JVC GY-HD110
July 23, 2007 11:50AM
Not altogether true, Miranda has a converter to take the component out of the JVC and convert it to SDI to go into the Kona card that works fine.
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login

Google
  Web lafcpug.org

Web Hosting by HermosawaveHermosawave Internet

Recycle computers and electronics