Motion text in Final cut

Posted by tdunn0412 
Motion text in Final cut
July 23, 2007 10:53AM
Hey everyone.
Sorry for this possibly absurd question. (I'm an audio guy who is experimenting with final cut to make my wedding video) So I did a project in Motion and when I import into final cut and play it, the text is all distorted. I know i'm doing something wrong, I just can't figure it out. I guess it might have to do with the rendering of the video, not sure. Any help would be appreciated. I would really like our wedding video to come out really good and all.
Thanks
Tim
Re: Motion text in Final cut
July 23, 2007 11:03AM
> I know i'm doing something wrong, I just can't figure it out.

I wouldn't be so sure yet. Are you judging the video quality on the Canvas? The Canvas always plays back effects badly. Use an external video (not computer) monitor.

Also, what format are you working with?

www.derekmok.com
July 23, 2007 11:30AM
It also depends on what you mean by distorted? In FCP are you editing 4X3 or 16x9?

If you mean that it is either squished or stretched, double click on the clip in the timeline to open it in the viewer, go into the motion tab click on the distort disclosure triangle and check your aspect ratio. [lust move the slider back and forth to see if it makes the image look more like you expect].

If it does, it probably will no longer fit in the canvas correctly which means the sequence settings between FCP and Motion are different.
July 23, 2007 06:56PM
Not sure if you're working in DV anamorphic (16:9) or not, but that format always imports as 4:3 in FCP. You have to check the anamorphic box in the Browser after you import it. Are you seeing a squished image or does it just look "bad"? Need more info...

JK

Click here to login

Google
  Web lafcpug.org

Web Hosting by HermosawaveHermosawave Internet

Recycle computers and electronics