DVC ProHD Render problem in FCP 6

Posted by gallohad 
DVC ProHD Render problem in FCP 6
July 26, 2007 09:13PM
When I render fast moving motion in DVC ProHD I am getting a "jerky", "strobing" effect. This never happened in FCP 5 with the same project and the same media - DVC PRO HD 24p shot on a Varicam editing on a DVC Pro HD 23.98 timeline using the the Apple template for the sequence settings. I've checked my render settings a hundred times and even called Apple support and they had no answer. I'm trying to finish my feature and I need to master it soon. HELP!!!!!
Re: DVC ProHD Render problem in FCP 6
July 26, 2007 09:47PM
what did you use to capture?
what's the frame size?
July 26, 2007 09:56PM
The media was captured thru firewire from a Panasonic AJ-HD-1400 the frame size is the standard 960x720. But it's all a moot point, everything rendered perfectly in FCP 5. This particular phenomenon started when I upgraded to FCP 6. I'm using the same timeline as before and all the files that were rendered previously in FCP 5 playback fine.
July 26, 2007 10:01PM
it's not true HD when captured thru firewire is it? That could be one problem.

Also, I've had all kinds of weird problems from projects that were in progress during the upgrade. I've found that they've all been fixed by taking them back to a 5.1.4 system. We've got 3 bays here and i left one at v5 for just that reason. I don't know if you have that option, but i'd suggest finishing out in 5.1
July 26, 2007 10:10PM
Thanks. I more or less got the same answer from Apple which was to go back to FCP 5. That could be problematic for me but I'll work it out. BTW, capturing Varicam footage thru firewire is true DVC ProHD, exactly the way it was recorded to tape.
July 27, 2007 01:07PM
Really? You're not just using the firewire as your timecode and device control and sending the AV thru HDSDI, but everything was sent over firewire? Wow.
July 28, 2007 11:31AM
Yes DVCOrHD works fine over firewire. The problem is in the definition of "true" HD...

For the future I'd recommend that anytime you upgrade your pro applications that you clone your system disk prior to the upgrade and then upgrading. Then dropping back to the previous version is as simple as choosing which drive to boot from in system preferences.

This is cheap insurance, of coarse the probelem here is in your definition of "Pro" application...
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login

Google
  Web lafcpug.org

Web Hosting by HermosawaveHermosawave Internet

Recycle computers and electronics