$$ for QT 7 Pro update?

Posted by Luke Cheadle 
$$ for QT 7 Pro update?
July 30, 2007 06:48PM
What features do I get from the latest QuickTime7pro update that I don't from Final Cut Studio2?
Re: $$ for QT 7 Pro update?
July 30, 2007 07:53PM
if you get FCS2, you get QTPro, so no need to pay for it.

used to be that they just gave you a QTPro serial number along with your FCP SN,
but now it;s all automatic

nick
July 30, 2007 07:54PM
Don't you get the Pro automatically with the latest Final Cut package? I don't think the production packages will run without it.

But to answer your question, We have found it very handy to have all the extensions for QuickTime. When the fancy-pants production packages are up to their hubcaps in sticky mud and spinning their wheels, you can frequently use "raw" QuickTime to get you out of trouble.

We've been known to run QTPro in a smaller machine to do simple, fast captures and exports in DV. It will do very handy file conversions and editing as well--Pro gives you the export options.

QTPro with the MPEG2 Extensions may be one of the few ways of opening up an MPEG2 file and converting it for Final Cut use.

If I worked at it I could come up with more. We're so used to it being here, we forget there was a time without it.

Koz
July 30, 2007 08:01PM
full screen preview was only in Pro, till QT7 where it's now universal

other things in QTPro:
basic trimming of clips,
basic editing of clip
(copy / paste from one clip into another, build up an assembly of QT clips)

nick
July 31, 2007 12:32AM
"Full-Screen" playback of a QuickTime Movie and Movie Looping.

Koz
July 31, 2007 12:54AM
pretty sure you dont need Pro for full screen anymore,
but maybe for looping?

nm
July 31, 2007 03:20PM
Luke, don't be fooled by the language in the update description that seems to be saying you will have to pay (again) to make it "Pro". It is really saying that you only owe money if you previously had QT Pro 5 or 6, and are upgrading to 7.x for the first time. A simple dot upgrade will keep your current Pro status. This language has stirred up a lot of people the same way, and I wish Apple would make it clearer.

Scott
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login

Google
  Web lafcpug.org

Web Hosting by HermosawaveHermosawave Internet

Recycle computers and electronics