Rendered Title 3D text blinks, jumps, disappears randomly

Posted by CTB 
CTB
Rendered Title 3D text blinks, jumps, disappears randomly
July 23, 2007 09:09AM
Hi all, I've been having a strange problem with FCP 5 that comes up every now and again. I've been working on a project that calls for a fair bit of text to be displayed on screen. I've created all text in Boris Title 3D. It seems that when I render and play back, there's occasional blinks and jumps in some words - to the point where certain letters disappear for seconds. To test, I exported as a mov, and saw the same thing happen. I also tried exporting an unredered movie with the same results.

Most of the text has some key frames, for fades and moving on and off screen. I also have nested a group of a background graphics.

Some times if I cut and paste back the text or re-do the keyframes it will render and play back properly, but this is not always the case.

Any help would be greatly appreciated.
CTB
Re: Rendered Title 3D text blinks, jumps, disappears randomly
August 02, 2007 01:32PM
No ideas?
August 02, 2007 02:24PM
How are you doing the keyframing of the text? Using the Tile 3D controls or something else? Does it blink in the middle of the text? What font and sizes are you using? How is the text moving on the screen? Is this interlaced material?
CTB
August 03, 2007 08:18AM
The text was keyframed under the Motion tab, not Controls. Most often it is the very first letter of the title which is affected. Though it has happened with various fonts, the font in this case is futura, with the capital letters sized at 48 and lowercase at 36. Movement was keyframed under the Motion tab as well. And it is interlaced.

This problem only happens once in a while. I have created about 16 similar videos and this problem only pops up on a couple.

I'll try re-keyframing things under the title3D's controls to see if that makes any difference.

Thanks for your help,

Dan
August 03, 2007 09:23AM
Try applying the De-Interlace filter and set it to one of the Flicker modes. Also, are you making the text too white? If your RGB values are all set to 255, then your text is too white.

If you have a lot of text, it might also be a better idea to type them all into a Photoshop document and import that into FCP.

www.derekmok.com
CTB
August 03, 2007 11:56AM
The whites are all set to 235. I'll give the de-interlace a shot to see if that changes anything. It baffles me why only certain videos have this problem, while others don't - they're all laid out and created exactly the same.

I'm also experiencing it with some purple letters in a different clip. The first three letters of the word "instructions" appear and disappear randomly over the duration.
August 03, 2007 12:35PM
Wild shot here, but check the composite mode of the video layer with the titles. Unless it's "normal", the colors in the background layer can affect the appearance of the foreground (titles) layer as the background changes.

Scott
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login

Google
  Web lafcpug.org

Web Hosting by HermosawaveHermosawave Internet

Recycle computers and electronics