Color Corrector changes not showing in viewer

Posted by asnelson 
Color Corrector changes not showing in viewer
February 26, 2007 05:49PM
I took some footage inside a building but unfortunately there was a very large window behind the podium so the people are in complete shadow. I thought I would lighten them up with color corrector 3 way but I can't see any of the changes I make in the viewer. I'm still pretty new to FC so I have no idea what to do. I tried it with other videos but I still don't see any changes. Any ideas as to what I can do?
Re: Color Corrector changes not showing in viewer
February 26, 2007 05:56PM
Adjust the sliders below the color wheels.

Then buy this:

[www.rippletraining.com]

www.shanerosseditor.com

Listen to THE EDIT BAY Podcast on iTunes
[itunes.apple.com]
February 26, 2007 07:45PM
You need to apply the filter to your clip, then double click the clip to load it into the viewer. Then click on the colour corrector three way visual tab in the viewer and make your adjustments. You should be able to see your changes in the canvas, as long as your playhead is over your clip on the timeline.

Make sure you are viewing your work on a broadcast monitor (or TV) if your output is TV. Computer monitors are not accurate for colour or gamma, and they often appear much darker than your vision actually is, so there is a tendency to over correct.

February 26, 2007 09:04PM
follow Jude's advice.

almost without exception, every case of "I can't see the changes I am making" is down to the fact that you are not actually viewing the clip to which you are making the changes.

apart from Jude's instruction above, which is bar far the best workflow, there are two other relatively simple ways to remedy the problem:

1. change your View menu > Playhead Sync mode to "Open" ... this forces the clip under the playhead in the timeline to load into the viewer. that means that when you make adjustments to an effect parameter, in the viewer window, then you are sure to be adjusting the clip that you are looking at in the canvas window, so the changes should be reflected immediately. note: if you force a different clip into the viewer then the sync mode will revert to "Off".

2. drag the "Video" tab from the viewer window ... the tabs can be puled away from their host window and become floating windows. if you are adjusting an effect on a clip in the viewer then you can see whats happening by dragging the clip's video tab off of the window and monitoring it in its own floating window. note: to send a floating window back to its host then just close the floating window.

hope it helps
August 07, 2007 01:54PM
I'm having this same issue again. I've tried the above fixes but I still can't see the changes in either the Viewer or Canvas. I was having some trouble capturing earlier so changed all my settings with Easy Set Up to DV-NTSC. Don't know why but I have the sneaky suspicion that that had something to do with it. Am I right? If I'm not, how else can I see my changes?
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login

Google
  Web lafcpug.org

Web Hosting by HermosawaveHermosawave Internet

Recycle computers and electronics