weird problems with external monitoring

Posted by simone 
weird problems with external monitoring
August 10, 2007 05:02PM
I'm having the most frustrating problems with monitoring my sounds and picture externally. Yesterday, everything worked just fine, and nothing has changed in my set up. But now I can't hear any sound at all when I select to monitor "all frames", and only get to hear the sound from the Mac itself if I turn external monitoring off. Powering down & restarting FCP did not solve the problem. Is there some kind of prefs file I can throw away to solve this?
Re: weird problems with external monitoring
August 10, 2007 05:35PM
Check Audio/Video Settings - A/V Devices. You haven't actually told us what your external-playback setup is. Can't tell you much more without that.

www.derekmok.com
Re: weird problems with external monitoring
August 10, 2007 09:36PM
I'm using a Sony DSR-20 deck to loop audio and video through. The audio goes to a pair of Bose speakers, the video to a Sony 13" video monitor. Same setup I've had for years, nothing has changed. I guess maybe the stuff is getting a bit old and temperamental on me... anyway, everything works again now, for whatever reason. I did notice that FCP occasionally switches my external monitoring to "off" on its own. (Ghosts in the office?) :-)
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login

Google
  Web lafcpug.org

Web Hosting by HermosawaveHermosawave Internet

Recycle computers and electronics