quicktime movie export for archive

Posted by J.Corbett 
quicktime movie export for archive
August 14, 2007 06:16PM
if i export qt movie and burn that to a dvd as data, does that save my final at the highest quality?

i am not using export qt conversion. i want to then delete the capture scratch and use the data dvd as back up if i need to re-air the project or create a mv2 file.

am i safe with the qt movie?

""" What you do with what you have, is more important than what you could do, with what you don't have."

> > > Knowledge + Action = Wisdom - J. Corbett 1992
""""
Re: quicktime movie export for archive
August 14, 2007 06:30PM
Yes.
August 14, 2007 06:34PM
yes.

but i highly suggest just copying the source project in its final state (maybe media manage it down to just what was used) with all captured media to an external drive and just shelving it. what if the client comes back and wants to re-edit it?
August 14, 2007 06:44PM
i have 2.5TB total. it takes at least 1TB to do my next project. i only have 450g left and thats spread out over 5 drives.

i am relatively sure that a re-edit will not be necessary. plus it would be my first time doing the media manage thing and it just seems to be an arduous task.

""" What you do with what you have, is more important than what you could do, with what you don't have."

""""
August 14, 2007 07:47PM
A data DVD won't fit very much data. Four minutes at Uncompressed 10-bit SD or 20 minutes on DV. Just get a FireWire drive. They're getting cheaper all the time.

www.derekmok.com
August 15, 2007 10:21AM
1tb for a single project - JESUS CHRISTO! what do you have in there!??!?!

i have 10 hours of straight runtime on a drive and its less than 160gigs

doing a media manage is nowhere near "arduous" i do it all the time for final archive. just tell it to move (or copy) used content only - watch how small your project gets...
August 15, 2007 11:42AM
i am in the process of capturing ruffly 57 hours of footage to create like 2.2hrs of dvd.

""""
August 15, 2007 12:45PM
Wayne...my last show had 78 hours of footage for a 90 min show. Fit on 1.3TB...and that was DVCPRO HD.

Now I am working on a show with about 300 hours of footage for 2 hours. But this is compressed 20:1 on an Avid Unity...so it doesn't count. But I wanted to point out that 1TB of footage is really nothing. 1TB of DV is about, what? 160 hours? That is a bit...but not unheard of.

www.shanerosseditor.com

Listen to THE EDIT BAY Podcast on iTunes
[itunes.apple.com]
August 15, 2007 01:12PM
yeah, its not a lot for longform. i was just surprised given that most of what we've seen from jeff was more ENG/local advert kinda stuff
August 15, 2007 03:33PM
it is still local and what does ENG mean?

to create on of the dvds that wayne will be getting. we film from 45 - 60hrs.

""""
August 15, 2007 03:46PM
ENG - Electronic News Gathering.

www.shanerosseditor.com

Listen to THE EDIT BAY Podcast on iTunes
[itunes.apple.com]
August 15, 2007 07:27PM
i am now officially in the know thanks shane.

""""
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login

Google
  Web lafcpug.org

Web Hosting by HermosawaveHermosawave Internet

Recycle computers and electronics