FCP2 exporting to flv

Posted by nat* 
FCP2 exporting to flv
August 16, 2007 09:52AM
does this option exist? am i just overlooking something??
Re: FCP2 exporting to flv
August 16, 2007 10:01AM
Damn good question with Final Cut Pro 2. What computer and OS are you using? Don't know if there's still software that will do that. FCP2 may predate Flash I thing. With a more recent version of FCP you can use a number of third party encoders that will give you export function from FCP.
August 16, 2007 10:07AM
Got the dual quad Mac Pro - running FCP2 - and I can't seem to find it - the last version I ran, 5.1.4 - I SWEAR there was an option, plain as day, that you could choose "export quicktime conversion" and you would select "FLV" - now in this version, it has disappeared....I am searching for it in Compressor - maybe they "reinvented the name" since the merger??
August 16, 2007 11:24AM
Earlier versions had "FLC." I don't think any versions had the ability to export Flash Video.

I got burned with that a while ago. "Sure, I got a Flash exporter right here. Oh, wait."

Koz
August 16, 2007 11:47AM
There may be some confusion here - are you talking about "FCP 2" as in Final Cut Pro version 2, way before the current version 6, or "FCS 2", the latest Final Cut Studio version, which does equate to "version 6"? The expectations would be way different.

Scott
August 16, 2007 12:02PM
The version of FCP 5.0.4 DID have the FLV (Macromedia Flash Video) encoder built into the Final Cut program - I used it many times.

So yes - you COULD convert directly to FLV (not FLC - I do know the difference) -

As for now, I have the NEW Final Cut Suite - Yes, FCP 6 - sorry, we around here refer to it as FCP2 for short...and I believe I have discovered...that no, you can't and they reason...
I am guessing since Adobe bought out Macromedia - and Adobe wants Premiere to be the editing system of choice, they probably yanked the use of it from FCP...you know, politics....
August 16, 2007 12:13PM
August 16, 2007 02:15PM
So you're talking about FCS2. Fine. Flash export was never built into Final Cut or Compressor as a default option. It is only available when you have third software installer. It then becomes part of the QuickTime export engine and will appear in QuickTime Conversion. If you have Flash installed for instance, or some other application that includes Flash encoding, then you'll get Flash encoding as an option in FCP. That's not changed.
August 16, 2007 03:08PM
OK - I see what you're saying...
so then why has the option disappeared once I installed FCS??
Is it not "compatible" with the new suite??
OR do I need to re-install my Flash softwares? Or others possibly?
(if you have an idea - cool - I can try re-installing tomorrow if you think this may help)
August 16, 2007 03:08PM
OK - I see what you're saying...
so then why has the option disappeared once I installed FCS??
Is it not "compatible" with the new suite??
OR do I need to re-install my Flash softwares? Or others possibly?
(if you have an idea - cool - I can try re-installing tomorrow if you think this may help)
August 16, 2007 03:19PM
Reinstall your Flash software.
August 16, 2007 03:27PM
will do - if it works - my thread has ended....
if not, well, you'll see me again soon! ahahahaaaa.....
thanks! always a saver!
August 16, 2007 04:01PM
Nat.

if you export qt movie not qt conversion then open the file in quicktime you will have that option. it is a qt option but not a fcp option.

""" What you do with what you have, is more important than what you could do, with what you don't have."

> > > Knowledge + Action = Wisdom - J. Corbett 1992
""""
August 21, 2007 11:15AM
So - after a few days...I finally have had the chance to uninstall and re-install the macromedias - including the flash player -
and NOPE, I still have not been given back the option to export to FLV via QT conversion....

any more suggestions??
August 21, 2007 12:42PM
export using qt movie not qt conversion.
set your desired aspect

then open in qt player and export FLV

""" What you do with what you have, is more important than what you could do, with what you don't have."

> > > Knowledge + Action = Wisdom - J. Corbett 1992
""""
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login

Google
  Web lafcpug.org

Web Hosting by HermosawaveHermosawave Internet

Recycle computers and electronics