converting FCP aiff to mp3

Posted by bill darst 
converting FCP aiff to mp3
August 30, 2007 12:26PM
Howdy ya'll

I have the G5 2.0 FC 5.1.4 4GB ram, and 30 1 hour programs to convert from my time line Aiff files to MP3 files. Didn't see anything in FAQ. Looked in the compressor, and Quicktime conversions etc and MP3 not there.
I need to know what will be the least amount of crunch time in the conversion process.
My guess is to use Quicktime conversion to ACC files then have iTunes make them into MP3 files. Yes? Or is there a shorter way?

Thanks again for your time

bill
Re: converting FCP aiff to mp3
August 30, 2007 01:06PM
aiff's are useable in Itunes I dont see what the issue would be with just brining the straight exported aiff's into itunes from FCP?
August 30, 2007 01:30PM
But doesn't it take more time to convert the large aiff files from FCP and send the file to the desk top then drag it into iTunes than it would take to have it crunch a smaller codec ACC? Then iTunes does a very quick translation from the samller acc files into MP3.
I guess I don't know how to go directly to iTunes from the export menu. I can put AIFF files on the desk top and then drag them into iTunes.
The question is does the exporting from QT take any less time converting AIFF to just straight AIFF on the desk top, than it would converting the large aiff files to ACC to the desktop then drag the acc files into iTunes Or is that time marginal?

bill
August 30, 2007 02:32PM
I'm thinking the difference might be quality rather than time. Compressing the file to an AAC and then to MP3 would probably be two generations -- I've never tried, so I'm going by general principle. Going to AIFF at the same settings as your timeline should preserve more quality. FCP can't go directly to MP3, never could -- possibly licensing issues?

If you use Batch Export, you can do all 30 timelines to AIFF at once.

www.derekmok.com
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login

Google
  Web lafcpug.org

Web Hosting by HermosawaveHermosawave Internet

Recycle computers and electronics