16mm to digital transfer vendors in LA

Posted by Catasonic 
16mm to digital transfer vendors in LA
September 01, 2007 11:39AM
I have a client with a rare 16mm print that he wants transferred to digital for archive and conversion to DVD. I am wondering if there is a high quality vendor for this service in the LA area so we can hand deliver the film and feel secure they will properly clean the film and do a excellent transfer. I know this is probably been discussed here and if so some one maybe can direct me to the thread because my effort to do a search came up with nothing.
thanks
Mark
Re: 16mm to digital transfer vendorsin LA
September 01, 2007 01:41PM
I'd trust matchframe with my life, not sure about their cleaning, but they are very proffesional and extemely good at what they do.

Other options I would look at would be Post Group or perhaps Riot (though i think that might be a bit overboard)

[www.matchframevideo.com]

[www.postgroup.com]

[www.rioting.com]

another option would be Fotokem
[www.fotokem.com]
Re: 16mm to digital transfer vendors in LA
September 01, 2007 09:43PM
thanks for the recommendations, but match frame and post group come up as dead links and I do agree that Riot is too high end for this project. There must be somebody in hollywood who does the arty short film type of project??
September 02, 2007 04:52PM
I highly recommend Yale Film and Video in Burbank

www.yalefilmandvideo.com

They specialize in processing and transferring Super 8mm and 16mm
September 04, 2007 12:43AM
Yale is good as well they have a tension machine which is nice if you get perf damage. Saved a project a while back (and by saved, i mean they scanned in completly ruined footage...but they did it)

side note,

the 2 links work fine for me.
September 04, 2007 10:48AM
Actually the links work here today also. go figure, thanks and I am exploring these options as we speak.
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login

Google
  Web lafcpug.org

Web Hosting by HermosawaveHermosawave Internet

Recycle computers and electronics