No Video Playback Options

Posted by mcstrangelove 
No Video Playback Options
September 12, 2007 11:04PM
Okay, maybe this is an easy fix but it's stumping me like crazy. When I go to Audio/Video Settings > A/V Devices tab, there are no options for Video Playback. All it says is "None." Normally it has a nice long list of options, like "Apple Cinema Display full screen" etc...where'd they all go? I now have only one choice: None. Errrrr.

I tried Refreshing A/V Devices and restarting. The only thing I've done different lately is capture some footage from a DSR-20 deck. But it's no longer patched in. I'm sure I'm missing something simple...

Btw, I'm running FCP 5.0.4 on a Dual 2.0 G5 (OS 10.4.10).

Thanks for any enlightenment!
Mac
Re: No Video Playback Options
September 13, 2007 01:15AM
try reselecting your Easy Setup
September 13, 2007 01:51AM
Yeah, I tried that too. No luck. Although, instead of the only option being "None" it now has grayed out: [Missing] Apple Firewire NTSC (720x480). It's showing this even though I've shut down and removed the deck several hours ago. I'm gonna trash preferences and see what happens. Seems like it needs to be reset somehow.
September 13, 2007 01:55AM
If dumping preferences doesn't work, try turning off the computer and unplugging all peripheral devices. Leave the computer for 10, 15 minutes or so. Then replug the devices and try again.

www.derekmok.com
September 13, 2007 01:56AM
Trashing preferences didn't work. I'm not sure why it still thinks the deck is part of the equation.
September 13, 2007 05:15AM
the reason the (Missing) Firewire is prsent is that you reselected the Easy Setup which is configured to expect a valid DV device for Firewire output

choose View > Refresh A/V Devices and the option should disappear
September 13, 2007 09:17AM
I've refreshed A/V Devices many times up to this point and a grayed-out "[Missing] Firewire" is still my only option. By the way, I also unplugged all peripherals and the power supply and let it sit overnight. Still no luck.

Really I only need the "Apple Display Full Screen" option so I can watch cuts on a full screen. For now I'm just enlarging the Canvas until I figure this thing out.

I've tried everything but re-install FCP. Does someone know a way of "resetting" the display options (outside of "Refreshing A/V Devices" or going to the A/V tab of Audio/Video Settings)?

Thanks again!

Mac
September 13, 2007 05:43PM
For anyone keeping score, I solved the problem by a last-ditch reinstallation of the OS (Tiger). It was a pain, but now I have all my playback options once again.

My new motto: If all else fails, reinstall the OS.
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login

Google
  Web lafcpug.org

Web Hosting by HermosawaveHermosawave Internet

Recycle computers and electronics