I'm trying to get small QT export, should I mixdown? what codec?

Posted by tejana 
I'm trying to get small QT export, should I mixdown? what codec?
September 16, 2007 05:52AM
I have 4 levels of video and 10 audio tracks, 19 min. ... its actually not very complicated but even exporting at 320X240 is still 3GB ... I tried mixing both A & V down, using H264, reducing the quality to medium and using a single pass export but now its 4GB!

I need to get it to it least 500MB ... 150 would be best. I'm trying to post it to an online server for download... so someone on the east coast can review the edit ASAP.

Is there a codec or conversion that will help? Nesting? The manual is not helpful at all.

thanks!
ana
Re: I'm trying to get small QT export, should I mixdown? what codec?
September 16, 2007 06:20AM
You must be doing something wrong, because even uncompressed, that 19 minutes would be under 4 gig.

What's your workflow for exporting?

September 16, 2007 10:13AM
Nuts! I'd also take a look at your timeline -- check to make sure you don't have stray clips, say, two hours down the timeline that are making your movie files much longer than you realize. I usually don't use the automatic quality sliders; I find it gives me more control to control the data rate (kbps) myself. Remember to crunch down on the audio as well.

Also, you could make an H.264 MPEG-4 instead of H.264 QuickTime movie. File sizes are much smaller. But Jude's right -- there's something fishy in here. I've never seen a 4GB H.264 movie file!

www.derekmok.com
September 17, 2007 03:18AM
thanks for answering, guys and you're right .. something was wrong:

operator error .... I exported the sequence 4X and -- everytime --- it wasn't H264.

thanks again!
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login

Google
  Web lafcpug.org

Web Hosting by HermosawaveHermosawave Internet

Recycle computers and electronics