Exporting From FCP 6 min video to size of 100 MB

Posted by beverett86 
Exporting From FCP 6 min video to size of 100 MB
September 22, 2007 04:14PM
What settings do I follow to get my 1.3 gig video to a 100 mb video?? I've done it before, but I can't remember?

radsurferdude1@yahoo.com

So many thanks to this group!
Re: Exporting From FCP 6 min video to size of 100 MB
September 22, 2007 06:33PM
[www.lafcpug.org]

Think we should add this "YouTube" thing to the FAQ, Mike & Jude. A link to the Hodgetts tutorial there.

Then again, nobody ever bothers to search the FAQ. Or the forum's own search function. Grrrrr. angry smiley

www.derekmok.com
September 22, 2007 06:51PM
Yeah...I think the "FAQ RANCH" link needs to be BIGGER. I can make a long grassy field / fence for the FAQ Pony to lay across the entire top of the forum between the "Search" and the "Jump To Forum" boxes if Mike wishes it smiling smiley

...let me know!

Joey

When life gives you dilemmas...make dilemmanade.

September 22, 2007 09:58PM
Once again I'll say it. The FAQ isn't for the users. It's for us. A Clydesdale isn't going to help.

You know the definition of insanity, right? Doing the same thing over and over expecting a different result.

Oh, and a sure way to kill the forum is to force users to go there first. I hate sites that do that.

Koz
September 22, 2007 10:17PM
People use the FAQ. Just look at the views. I'll admit not enough do but it is there as a convenience and I'd like to see it keep growing. We cant force folks to go there but many do anyway.

I'll add the You tube thing to the FAQ

mike

Michael Horton
-------------------
September 23, 2007 12:31AM
<<<I'll add the You tube thing to the FAQ>>>

Question about that. Why are we adding the whole thing text and all? Why not just post the link. The tutorials are custom documents, but the FAQs are more or less pointers to old posts with good information.

Or is that actually what happens now and I just didn't catch it?

Koz
September 23, 2007 12:37AM
Thats what I meant and that is normally what we do. Post links, when it is appropriate.

Michael Horton
-------------------
September 23, 2007 04:56PM
Just wondering Joe. Maybe its time to change "FAQ Ranch" to "The FCP FAQ." Just name it what it is.

Michael Horton
-------------------
September 23, 2007 05:11PM

The FAQ isn't for the users. It's for us.

What? Who's "us"? We don't contribute to the FAQ so we can reference our own materials...it's for THE PEOPLE. That's a ridiculous statement.

...my 2¢ smiling smiley

Joey

Mike,

Don't you think the FAQ link area should be a bit more PROMINENT?

Just a suggestion.

When life gives you dilemmas...make dilemmanade.

September 23, 2007 05:39PM
> We don't contribute to the FAQ so we can reference our own materials.

Actually, he's not wrong, Joe. Half of the FAQ's function is so that we can just paste a FAQ link when responding to a question that's frequently asked. Basically, if they don't search the FAQ, we will...and it saves us from retyping answers all the time.

www.derekmok.com
September 23, 2007 05:39PM
Don't you think the FAQ link area should be a bit more PROMINENT?

Bigger? No. Wont fit anyway if its bigger. Maybe just change name to FCP FAQ. Not much else we can do. What we need to do is make it a Wiki. Its just making Wikis is so boring and getting the software to work is way over my head.

Michael Horton
-------------------
September 23, 2007 05:49PM
>>Once again I'll say it. The FAQ isn't for the users. It's for us. A Clydesdale isn't going to help.<<

True enough. You can't force people to check the FAQ first, nor would you want to try, but we really have no idea how many HAVE gone there first, found what they needed, and moved on without quizzing the forum. There is no way to log that, and it's easy to make assumptions about what people do in our ignorance of that.

There is always the problem of the user not using the same words to describe his problem or seek his answer as is used in the FAQ heading. Can't help that either.

It is for US in the sense that it's real easy to respond to a "frequently asked question" with a link to the relevant topic in the FAQ, instead of laying out the whole story again, or feeling the need to give a testy response about how many times this has been asked in the last week.

That's about $.015 worth ....

Scott
September 24, 2007 01:37AM
Not being a really seasoned user of FCP like quite a few on the forum, I've used the FAQ quite a few times, found it very useful, and now (finally) go there first when I have a question or two.

I didn't realize how much info is there until I now find myself reading new posts and thinking "thats answered in the FAQ". I guess the bottom line to this is just to say THANKS to all of you who contributed and make edting much easier for people like me.
September 24, 2007 08:22PM
Thanks for using it, guam. smiling smiley

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login

Google
  Web lafcpug.org

Web Hosting by HermosawaveHermosawave Internet

Recycle computers and electronics