Still in need of help...

Posted by Alexander 
Still in need of help...
September 25, 2007 10:42PM
Dear friends.
I posted a message a few days ago about losing Applications from Studio2. Compressor, Motion and Soundtrack were gone. Double clicked on them and it flashed a fraction of a second, but they didn't launch. As recommended I re-installed Studio. But only Soundtrack came back. Motion and Compressor are gone.
I need help and input in what should I do next.
Thankfully I have a project coming not soon, and I am in the middle of an idle time, for now.
What should I do to bring them back?

Thank you for any information you could provide!!!

G5 2Ghz, 2.5Gig Ram, SOX10.4.10
Re: Still in need of help...
September 25, 2007 10:46PM
have you considered zeroing your drive and reinstalling everything?
September 25, 2007 11:56PM
Scary possibility, but yes, have considered it.
Yet, still looking to get at least Motion working.
I create a lot of content with it.
I have AE, and use it a lot, but motion gets me out and running in no time, ease to use and fast!
Thanks Wayne.
Still thinking, really.
September 26, 2007 08:22PM
Hello crew! I followed apple/motion and compressor uninstall procedures and re-installed Studio. Still I can't get Compressor and Motion to come up. Desperate yet? not quite yet, but running out of options. Any ideas guys? gals? Comrades?
Thanks in advance!
September 27, 2007 09:11AM
Alexander have you trashed pref files and receipt files? i doubt the un-install process removes any pref files?
September 28, 2007 08:00PM
Thank you Josh,
I actually have trashed preferences, receipts, framework files, Qadministrator, Qmaster, framework... and others following the apple guidelines.
Yet, nothing happens when I open Compressor or Motion.

HELP!!!
September 28, 2007 08:34PM
I think at this point you need to create a new user and reinstall final cut studio. A lot of other folks are having this problem with Compressor and simply trashing and re-installing do not work.

Michael Horton
-------------------
October 04, 2007 10:55AM
Thank you Michael.
Today is Oct 4th, I tried it last night. Created a new user and re-installed FC Studio. Nothing, it doesn't work. I see the application icons flash for a fraction of a second in the dock, and then, vanish. The applications Compressor and Motion do not launch....
I am still in need of help... Should I zero the hard drive and re-install system??
October 04, 2007 11:07AM
At this point its your only option. But dont zero out. Try an archive and install re-install of your OS.

Michael Horton
-------------------
October 04, 2007 08:43PM
Long shot...but you may have a bad FCStudio installer disk set. Might want to call Apple and arrange to switch disks for a new set.

Joey

When life gives you dilemmas...make dilemmanade.

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login

Google
  Web lafcpug.org

Web Hosting by HermosawaveHermosawave Internet

Recycle computers and electronics