batch in-out export

Posted by wayne granzin 
batch in-out export
April 19, 2006 04:17PM
i have a 2 hour long meeting i shot and just captured "now" in big long chunks.
the client came in, sat over my shoulder identifying the good clips. i would just razor blade the good bits and move them to a seperate track. now we have about 97 small clips all seperated by a half second or so gaps, and they want each as individual avi files.

is there a way for FCP (or a third paty app) to automatically export all those clips as standalone movies right from the timeline?

i have this underlying fear that im going to be sitting here for 12 hours setting an and out points and exporting for each of the 97 clips... EEK!
Re: batch in-out export
April 19, 2006 11:17PM
I think if you had made Subclip markers out of the excerpts, made the Subclips, then selected them in the Browser and used Batch Export (the Nick Meyers method, I believe), that might have worked. Don't quote me on that, though.
April 20, 2006 08:06AM
batch export will still work.

not from the timeline, tho...
just drag all those clips to a new bin.
then batch export from there.

the important box to tick is "Use In To Out"

nick

April 20, 2006 09:48AM
thanks nick, you saved my bacon!!!
one more question...

i have to modify all 160 clips using motion tab > distort > aspect ratio.

is there a way to do that once for all of them instead of one by one by one...???
April 20, 2006 09:57AM
>>is there a way to do that once for all of them instead of one by one by one...???<<

Hi Wayne,

Sure. Apply the distort aspect say to the first clip in the timeline. Then hit Apple+c to copy. Select all the other clips and paste attributes>distortion to the rest in one go.

Clay
April 20, 2006 02:12PM
beautiful guys! you all saved my day!
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login

Google
  Web lafcpug.org

Web Hosting by HermosawaveHermosawave Internet

Recycle computers and electronics