Need to purchase FCP 5

Posted by Tony H 
Need to purchase FCP 5
October 08, 2007 03:49PM
For reasons I cannot fully explain (or comprehend), I have been asked by my company to purchase a copy of FCP 5 (Studio). I have done the Google searches, Craigs list, Amazon, etc, but can't find much (mostly used). Does anyone know of a resource/retailer where one can still purchase an upgrade copy of FCStudio 1.

Thanks in advance to anyone with helpful ideas.

Tony H
Re: Need to purchase FCP 5
October 08, 2007 05:52PM
Ask the Apple Store directly as I doubt anyone else will have a new copy of FCS1.

I can only assume (correct me if I am wrong) that you already have FCS1 and they want all the same on the suites?

They should seriously get FCS2 as any backwards compatibility with 5.x can be done via FCP Project files from 5.x to 6.x or XML projects from 6.x to 5.x

The benefit of FCS2 is far greater than the benefit of running an additional licence of 5.x

On that note, if they say they won't go FCS2 you could ask Apple to sell you another licence and use your current FCS1.

Just a thought.

Ben

For instant answers to more than one hundred common FCP questions, check out the LAFCPUG FAQ Wiki here : [www.lafcpug.org]
October 09, 2007 09:22AM
Apple does not even have the 5.1 upgrade availabe anywhere since it was an Apple order only, at the time.

I don't doubt there is a copy of Final Cut Studio out there somewhere. but no upgrades for it.
October 09, 2007 01:00PM
Believe it or not, but there's 1 left on Amazon:

Final Cut 5.1 upgrade

They have copies of the full FCS1 package as well.

October 09, 2007 08:24PM
Thanks everyone for your help. It actually did not occur to me to contact Apple and purchase another license for the existing FCS1 (duh)

and trust me, I'd like to move on to FCS2 but it's not in the cards at the moment :-(
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login

Google
  Web lafcpug.org

Web Hosting by HermosawaveHermosawave Internet

Recycle computers and electronics